January 2018 TPA Meet Frag Swap Thread

badxgillen

As requested, a thread starter for a Frag Swap at our January TPA Meeting, I used my own previous template, so if it looks familiar...It is.

Being a meet and greet type of gathering it seems like it would be a good time to get the old coral trades going on.

If you would like, you can do your trading on the fly by just bringing by a few pieces and hoping that some one will have a desirable coral you want...Or better yet, you can post up what you have to trade and work out a preemptive exchange here on the forums, that method always works best for me. You can feel free to use this thread to post your trade-ables in or start a thread of your own.

But First, let me get you some of Bert's basis tips for success here.

1.) make an attempt to have a fragment of reasonable size and health and try and get things cut and ready a few days to a week ahead of time to have the wounds healed up for the exchange. And double/triple check for pest invertebrates or algaes before sending your corals out, we try to keep invasives to a minimum here...And once you get your frags home, just in case, always acclimate the specimens then dip the corals before you put them into your personal aquarium. QT Aquariums are best but good old Revive, Coral RX, Melafix, Iodine, or Bayer will do much better at prevention than nothing.

2.) Try to package your corals appropriately. This can mean not putting a spiny coral like birds nest into a thin dollar store bag or not utilizing insulation on an extended cold or warm trip. Try a small cooler or Styrofoam. If you can't find either of these and the destination is a long distance, keep the vehicle air conditioned or heated appropriately. As far as packaging goes you can double bag and use thicker mil plastics, or something else like a Tupperware or specimen container. I have even used washed out yogurt or cottage cheese containers that stack well inside the coolers. Just use something that will work, nothing like losing a nice and colorful animal because the bag got too cold and leaked all the water out on the way home.

3.)Do your best to be courteous and fair to one another by not take advantage of each others ignorance or generosity. These are people of all levels in the hobby so give them the benefit of your knowledge and experience instead of the cold shoulder. And speaking of generosity, that giving nature has always been smiled upon here at PNWMAS and pay it forward tends comes back around these parts.

Well, the meeting is not too far off now, about one month yeah.

So Let's see em folks,  Whatcha Got!? Corals that is!

• Like 1

I'll list my fraggable colonies.  If anything catches someones eye let me know and I'll add pics.  Mainly just interested in SPS for the new tank but the trades are more for fun for me.  Let me know!  That stylo in particular is cool, less branching and more mounding.  The poccillipora is from Copps of RC renown. 

Red Cap

Green scrolling Cap w/ Purple rim. 

ORA Green Birdsnest

Birds of Paradise Birdsnest

Rainbow Stylo

Hot Pink Pussycat Poccillipora 

2+p Magicians, these are literally all over my tank.  Love 'em.  

1x OME x 5-10 eyes, fills top of 1" plug

Edited by youcallmenny
  • Like 1

To get started I can throw up a few here, I kinda have to fraga  few of my SPS and zoas so if there is any interest in that just let me know. Here we have the classic Upscales Microlados, Tierra Delfuego, and last is a strange green Monipora Stellata. I have many many more I can cut if you are wanting something different.

SAM_4134.JPG

SAM_4133.JPG

SAM_4128.JPG

It took forever to upload a few pics so Youcallmenny beat me to it. Could I snag a blasto from you man? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, badxgillen said:

It took forever to upload a few pics so Youcallmenny beat me to it. Could I snag a blasto from you man? 

Absolutely!  Looks like one 3/4" full head and two decent babies maybe 1/4" each.  These grow fast and drip heads regularly though.  Great colony for it to come from. All yours!

33 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

I'll list my fraggable colonies.  If anything catches someones eye let me know and I'll add pics.  Mainly just interested in SPS for the new tank but the trades are more for fun for me.  Let me know!  That stylo is particular is cool, less branching and more mounding.  The poccillipora is from Copps' of RC renown. 

Red Cap

ORA Green Birdsnest

Rainbow Stylo

1x 2-3 head Red Aussie Blasto's

Ok... you have me tempted.  Would be interested in a bit of rainbow stylo and the pink poccillipora.  Trying to think of something you don't already have though. I do have some large pieces of purple/grape cap that I could easily break up.  Also have some blue polyp green cap if you don't have that already and could probably get a piece off the purple stylo.  Unfortunately, most of the acros are still babies but let me know if there is something specific you need.

No worries friendo!  Gotcha on the list. You'll like both of those, definitely.  I'll go do some fragging.  I'd take you up on it but with two caps already I'm concerned about the long term effects of several cap colonies.  I've considered thinning mine down to that cool green/purple one.  

@Bicyclebill I smushed your undata in the move and it I really liked that one.  Any chance you're coming and want to trade? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

No worries friendo!  Gotcha on the list. You'll like both of those, definitely.  I'll go do some fragging.  I'd take you up on it but with two caps already I'm concerned about the long term effects of several cap colonies.  I've considered thinning mine down to that cool green/purple one.  

Can you really have too many caps? (just got another one from Kim this week)  Well if you see something else in the tank you want let me know. I have plenty of ponape birds nest (really nice) and blue dig but you probably already have those covered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[mention=14201]Bicyclebill[/mention] I smushed your undata in the move and it I really liked that one.  Any chance you're coming and want to trade? 

My undata grows out of control, so definitely will break you off a big chunk Greg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

I'll list my fraggable colonies.  If anything catches someones eye let me know and I'll add pics.  Mainly just interested in SPS for the new tank but the trades are more for fun for me.  Let me know!  That stylo in particular is cool, less branching and more mounding.  The poccillipora is from Copps of RC renown. 
Red Cap
ORA Green Birdsnest
Rainbow Stylo
2+p Magicians, these are literally all over my tank.  Love 'em.  

@youcallmenny, I'll take frag of rainbow stylo and hot pink poccillipora if you still have some.

I have following:
Purple stylo
Octospawn (1-2 heads)
Idaho Grape Montipora

Let me know if anyone is interested.

c9dee6ee62266d30fb7ba62fdba8c099.jpg882384f3fb5cda901ffe91746c9f4343.jpg53e6f85fbd8d0e1aa39a0c905356773f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

[mention=15912]youcallmenny[/mention], I'll take frag of rainbow stylo and hot pink poccillipora if you still have some.

I have following:
Purple stylo
Octospawn (1-2 heads)
Idaho Grape Montipora

Let me know if anyone is interested.

c9dee6ee62266d30fb7ba62fdba8c099.jpg882384f3fb5cda901ffe91746c9f4343.jpg53e6f85fbd8d0e1aa39a0c905356773f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

How much for the octospawn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found out I'll be able to make it, and for the first time have colonies worth fragging.😂 Anyways, a list of what I've got;

Idaho grape monti cap

Green monti cap

Orange monti cap

Blue digitata

A few different green acro frags

Ora tricolor valida

Blue tipped teal and yellow acropora tenius

Green hydnophora 

A couple smaller rose bubble tip nems(3-4")

I'm always looking for more acros and acans, and currently am looking for nice sandbed pieces as well. Let me know if there's anything you want so I can get it cut and healing asap! 

On 1/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, badxgillen said:

To get started I can throw up a few here, I kinda have to fraga  few of my SPS and zoas so if there is any interest in that just let me know. Here we have the classic Upscales Microlados, Tierra Delfuego, and last is a strange green Monipora Stellata. I have many many more I can cut if you are wanting something different.

SAM_4134.JPG

SAM_4133.JPG

SAM_4128.JPG

I want a frag of that microlados and tierra Delfuego!

3 hours ago, badxgillen said:

I will see if I can get those all fragged tonight or tomorrow. Could I snag a piece of the yellow tenius? Maybe a green acropora mystery frag if you have one extra?

I'll pm you some pictures later tonight, the green acro frags are mostly just some cheap low end chunks I got to fill in areas until I was ready for more higher end stuff. Nothing special by any means. The tenius is mostly blue, fades into yellows on the base. I got the colony from upscales this last week and it's colored up immensely over the last few days. I do have a sunset tenius frag I got from Kim that's showing really nice bright yellow under my lights, but it's not ready to be fragged yet.