Nothing sparks spring cleaning like a major skimmate flooding!

danlu_gt

I woke up this morning with major flooring, over 30gal over skimmed onto the floor. I was doing some maintenance work lastnight and unhooked my skimmer bucket sensor. It's taken all morning and probably rest of today to clean up. I've moved all the junks I've been hoarding over the years to the garage. Got all water that still on the floor but not sure what to do with water that got in-between the walls?? I can only account for 15-20gal that I got from ringing towels.

bb3d19230b56334736a48ee0bae3690d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That sucks, I have done the same in an apartment. And whenever I leave the house for a couple of days my skimmer collection cup always seems to malfunction and go crazy.

That is why I don't use the drain tube for my skimmate anymore.

Sent from the bottom of the sea.

Oh man... sorry to hear Daniel.  Other than fans and a dehumidifier not sure what to advise.  If you have wood flooring, you might want to think about some plywood and weighted buckets to put on top once you have most of the water up.  You can leave them on there as things slowly dry - this should limit the damage from any warping or cupping of the boards.  Sadly, I know how this feels.

• Like 2

There are some bacterial based cleaners made for cleaning up after pet messes.  They used to be called anti-icky-poo..  Not sure what it is sold as these days.  Anyways, the bacterial should eat the skimmer waste and cut down on smell if you can get it into areas that were not cleaned.

Yep, looks like it still exists.

Anti-Icky-Poo uses a combination of enzymes and live bacteria that literally consume most types of decaying organic materials including urine, feces, vomit, sweat, skunk musk and dead animal smells. It works safely and effectively on carpet, wood, tile, plastic, fabric, dry wall, cement and almost any other surface material. Anti-Icky-Poo is eco-friendly and environmentally safe. If you have an odor problem, we will guarantee that Anti-Icky-Poo will provide the solution, no matter how long the order has been in that location.

• Like 2