spectra

Spectras 100

So the Versa was not big enough and I like the 48" footprint so.......48x30x16 OBD tank is what I went with. Custom stand built by me and going to run a 48" ATI with a few LED arrays tossed in for good measure.....more details to come as this is still a work in progress.......

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

Going with re claimed barn wood for the doors and also a trim around the tank.

IMG_2413.jpg

• Like 6

Finally!!

I do have other things going on you know :laugh:  There is this guy who keeps wanting me to build him a stand.................. :D

• Like 2

I do have other things going on you know :laugh:  There is this guy who keeps wanting me to build him a stand.................. :D

Last one I promise.. for now :)

• Like 1

Last one I promise.. for now :)

Funny thing is my wife comes back from Hawaii and says we need another aquarium...........................[language filter].................there is something going on. She even looked at my doors and says I want the other one to be vertical on the boards......

• Like 2

You're steel work is top notch Scott! I'm hopeful it won't be another year before you get water into this one!

Thanks! and nope it should be wet in a few weeks but still in the garage........I need to do flooring in the room first.

nice work!!  happen to be building a stand skinning with some reclaimed barn myself!!  

Post up a few pics of what you are doing. I love carpentry and garage time.

come to the expo later t his month.  It's our frag tank stand.  You can make fun at my lack of carpentry skils!!  :)

Well got the stand pretty much done and tank was delivered tonight.

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

Still a little work to do but he main part s done.......

• Like 4

That's beautiful! I love it! I love what you did with the stand too! Nice footprint for the tank. Surely this is the tank you will keep for a long time !

• Like 1

That looks really nice, Scott.

I'll take it off your hands in a few months when you decide to go with a 200. :D

• Like 3

That's beautiful! I love it! I love what you did with the stand too! Nice footprint for the tank. Surely this is the tank you will keep for a long time !

Thanks! and yes this should be it for a while I hope.......

Sorry Lex this one is a keeper :D

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Trying to get a rough idea on plumbing today so I can order parts and hopefully plumb it next weekend.

Edited by spectra

Looks awesome. I wonder how long you will keep this one. 

You know someone interested :laugh:

I plan on keeping it for a while.......

I gotta know how much the tank was

To much.......and remember if you have to ask :D

With the Synergy ghost overflow and the custom tank and delivery it was a little over a grand. The price we pay for our hobbies.........that drive us nuts.......

I will stop there as if I add it all up I might cry :laugh: plus the livestock I have :doh:

• Like 1

Haha I get it. I just got quote on a 48x48x24 walk around with starfire on all 4 sides from OBD. It's a lot of money but that's what I want so I'm going to pull the trigger

• Like 1

Well got a box of goodies from BRS.....

IMG_2549.jpg

But decided on another sump.......so no plumbing this weekend......I like the rimless one I have but I want a bigger fuge so am going with a 40 breeder and it is on order. I gain more volume and only lose a little room. The tape is the 40 breeder dimensions.

IMG_2547.jpg

Over flow is mounted and ready to plumb.....but at least this gives me time to figure out my flooring dilemma in the house.......

IMG_2550.jpg

• Like 5