Ultimate Scraper...

Arsonmfg

So a lot of people have asked me how I keep my tank so clean, well I'll share my secret.

**DISCLAIMER** IF YOU CUT YOUR FINGER OFF, CUT A FISH IN HALF, YOUR KID CUTS THE CATS EAR OFF OR WORSE, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY!

This will also slice the foot right off a turbo snail with one gentle swipe... You can probably guess how I know lol.

So with that said, it's nothing more than a pair of razor blades hot glued to a Kent scraper. Takes me a swipe or two to take care of coraline or any other stubborn to remove algae. 

I prefer hot glue cause it's easy to remove the blades and put new ones on when these start to get dull. Best way to remove the blades with with a pair of pliers and NOT your fingers!

IMG_4341_zpsbtmkos7o.jpg

• Like 4

That is excellent!  Your tank is the cleanest, great share.

For you acrylic guys, wannareef / Charles makes an attachment blade for kent scrapers that works extremely well.  Roy/Stylaster has an amazing clean acrylic tank and he turned me onto them.  

Recently a great guy up here in Longview (Eric) with a CNC started making a kent scraper out of acyrlic with a similar design that works great also.

Great idea! Have you joined the dollar shave club?

Actually I did a long time ago, really good razors and they're cheap even compared to buying them at costco!

Tunze care is the way to go if you wanna keep your fingers lol best 80 bucks i spent

Fingers... pfft, you've got ten of them lol.

The Tunze does look nice. My daily wipe down is with an Algae Free magnet that works really well but when it comes to the stubborn stuff this works like a hot knife through butter.

That is excellent!  Your tank is the cleanest, great share.

For you acrylic guys, wannareef / Charles makes an attachment blade for kent scrapers that works extremely well.  Roy/Stylaster has an amazing clean acrylic tank and he turned me onto them.  

Recently a great guy up here in Longview (Eric) with a CNC started making a kent scraper out of acyrlic with a similar design that works great also.

Nice, James has been making those for quite some time. At one point I know he was working with Kent directly to start selling them his style of scraper since it works about 1000x better than Kents version of an acrylic scraper.

• Like 1

You think a Razor blade is going to help :laugh: or maybe he can hit them with hot glue........

Well at least they will be well groomed zombies you can shave from a distance. Great idea and your tank is the only tank i know that is cleaner than a brand new tank Arson!???? James at envisions made something similar for acrylic tanks.

Glass tanks are so much easier to clean!????