September Frag Swap 2015 pictures

badxgillen

Thought I would throw up a thread to post pictures from the September 2015 meet. As usual it was loads of fun thanks to Mr. Bret, Our Sponsors, and the PNWMAS Crew. Thank You all so much!

It was great to come and check out the tanks again, so much to look at and so little time.

WP_20150920_006_zps7sio8wse.jpg

I would have loved to snag something from you but I could tell you were a very busy man today, thank you kind sir, being a host can be an exhausting job.

WP_20150920_008_zpswzhgvjlc.jpg

And may I say what beautiful tanks & corals you have.

The main focus of the meeting was a zoanthid fragging session in addition to a little bit of a frag swap.

WP_20150920_037_zpsf4voqkeu.jpg

It was awesome of you to sit down and take some time to show some of your cutting practices and protocol.

WP_20150920_029_zpstmcgxhnp.jpg

You had that system down very well, I like how you had an iodine dipping Tupperware ready in addition to a settling Tupperware with tank water. The long tweezers were a nice touch too, I get glue on my hands from time to time but that would not happen if I learned to use some new tools.

WP_20150920_030_zps0fwgasym.jpg

This guy is a master at this art, gluing single polyps down like it aint no thing...And some of these were the smaller polyps like blue hornets.

Don't Fear The Reefer!!!

• Like 1

Loved the atmosphere, lotsa table space, foot room and even a couch to lounge in. Did I mention there was lotsa foods, ribs, mac salad, chips, dips, coal slaw, chocolate cream cakes, and refreshing beverages for all ages.

WP_20150920_012_zpsilqcad0o.jpg

Andy, Jeremy, Andrew, and Son just enjoying the conversations.

WP_20150920_020_zpsfkffx6zi.jpg

Actually I think everyone was enjoying themselves, I know I was. A very social day indeed.

• Like 1

Gil and Fin brought a ton of Reef related items for the members to have a go at on a free table, very generous, thank you.

WP_20150920_002_zpsx0lvpbcx.jpg

Golden Basket added some love to the free table with a number of fish foods and goodies.

WP_20150920_005_zpsrkjh5sny.jpg

The President checking out a Coral Magazine, very good reads for those of us who are really into the hobby.

• Like 1

Lex, thanks for the pleasant company during the trip from Corvallis to Hillsboro. Let us know how that monitor works, with the PAR meter added you got me intrigued.

02cf425a-4797-4907-a570-41ee290f8fa1_zps

Jorge! Thanks for the Frags! They will be treated well.

WP_20150920_045_zpsfduhsqps.jpg

Higherthinking, I wish I spent more time catching up with you and Lauren, I know we will get a chance here soon, and let me know if I can ever help with the tank build, its gonna be sweet yeah.

WP_20150920_043_zpsmrmea7o7.jpg

Kireek, pay attention to the frag demo, I know you have some palys that I need a polyp or two of... Now there are no excuses.

WP_20150920_042_zpsmqgkri9f.jpg

• Like 1

Boring Dave, you left without your Chaedomorpha, hope the caulerpa is enough to get things going.

WP_20150920_038_zpsojs0gbyd.jpg

The Clark and Catfish, two good guys right here. Zoa trades my friend, Zoa trades! and some Montis for Ken.

WP_20150920_003_zpsgzlzrxxm.jpg

Spectra, great meeting you, I will get you a frag of the GI Joes and something else of interest. Gotta back up these polyps and get em up further out north.

WP_20150920_017_zpsxiqeykad.jpg

MJs Reef, another instance in wich I had spent a little more time chatting, I hope to see you at a future meet and we can talk some more, until then.

WP_20150920_018_zps1uknv6fd.jpg

Danlu, that was some good info on the LEDs, keep posting those updates on your build thread so we can follow along, seems to be very functional.

WP_20150920_019_zpsppei2ci5.jpg

The Dragon made an appearance but I missed the chance to get in a good word or two, I bet that tank is looking better than ever, you have that taste for the exquisite corals.

WP_20150920_023_zpswwgp2zxy.jpg

Mandinga brought in some of his colorful SPS for trades, in addition to his smile and humorous commentary. Issac is a fun guy.

WP_20150920_028_zps3vshysbo.jpg

And here we have Aubrey from the  Skagit Adventist Academy in Burlington Washington. We gave him a warm welcome to the club and sent him away with many parting coral frags as gifts to their newly established reef tank at the school. I am very glad you could attend and see what our PNWMAS Group is about. 

WP_20150920_025_zpss0wmt0wu.jpg

Please keep in touch and feel free to ask questions when you have them, we are all here to help our fellow hobbyist succeed. 

• Like 1

Just a plain fun meeting.  Really enjoyed it, thanks Bert (now that I have graduated to calling you that) for all the pics you so faithfully capture, it makes the meeting so much more memorable.

Huge thanks to MrBret and Softy for just being awesome, same to the sponsors who donated all the frags.

• Like 2

Thanks for the pictures Bert! I wish I could have gone! Bret's place is a great hangout! Thanks Bret and Adam for hosting and arranging all the great food! Thanks everyone for stepping up and donating frags to the school tank!

Looks like a great turnout!

Thanks for the fragging demonstration too Bret!

And of course our fearless leader John!

• Like 1

I am happy that I ended up able to attend the meeting!  Thank you PNWMAS for having us host.  Bret and I spend a lot of time there, and always want to share in our passion for zoas.

Thank you everyone for coming!!  I hope you enjoyed our collection, and got some information from Bret's demo.  Even if it is just a technique that you haven't tried.... hopefully everyone got something out of it!  

It was great chatting with some of you... and as others have mentioned, 'putting a face to the name'.

Hopefully we will get the opportunity to host another meeting in the future.....  our doors are always open for anyone that wants to come by!

Thanks again everyone!

• Like 2