Reefnjunkie's 400 gallon inwall

reefnjunkie

Looks good Brad. I envision all of your rocks covered in zoos and those chalice things you like sitting in the sump!!! lol

Thanks Roger-The chalices and zoas (zoas for sure) most likely wont make it into the tank-maybe the crazy fox and my miami and maybe a few others that cost about the same as a car payment (or 2)-I need to justify it for a little bit by "viewing" them

Zoas I found (in my 3rd tank) have a tendency to take over-just like Xeinia and GSP and the blue cloves-those are just a few others that will never find there way into my tank (laugh) I need to learn from my mistakes(clap)

• 3 weeks later...
OMG!!! You already need a bigger tank!!! Looks great!

Thanks Tank-I guess I should subscribe to my own thread-DOH!

So I will need to do a break down of what all I got as far equipment goes etc but the main push was to just get it up and running (as ugly as it may be) and then "fine tune" everything.

Speaking of ugly I think this would qualify-(whistle)

And the funny part is that this is "organized" I just actually got everything hamging on the wall-Its still temporary, I just hung a 1x3 on the wall and screwed some of the hardware to it to get it off the floor so I can run the plumbing to the frag tank I want to try and get plumbed in this weekend.

If there are any electricians out there, I'd love to know if this looks like its to "code"(laugh) (J/K)

Hey Panther if the LED fixture on the frag tank scared you this should not be a shock to you

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

At least this will give me a good before/after referance

Brad' date=' don't forget those "drip" loops. Organized mess DOH![/quote']

This is not permanent, its just to be able to work in that area for the frag tank plumbing that I am doing right now

Dang...that tank is AWESOME! Good work. Need any Kaleidoscope cloves?(nutty)

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, and for the offer I hear those are pretty nice I may need hit you up (laugh) I still have those pieces I got from you, the chili pepper is a little bleached out right now, it did not like the move to the new tank, or I should say where I placed it.

So here is the frag tank I am working on presently-

IMG_3196.jpg

If you look close you can see how lucky I am, I have an outlet very close so I wont need any extension cords (clap)

What a bonus!!!!

IMG_3195.jpg

See it in the upper left corner, just behind the overflow box?

Brad' date=' don't forget those "drip" loops. Organized mess DOH![/quote']

So the frag tank is in your garage? Is it heated in there? How about cooling in the summer?

Dennis

PS: If you need another frag of Chili pepper or "season's greetings" as I like to call it around this time of year, just let me know.

When we built the room I insulated it and it stays as warm as the house. I actually walk into the garage side and can see my breath and the other side with the tank and stuff is about 72-75 degrees. Funny thing is that there is actually a heater vent in my garage( the side with the tak) so when the house heater goes on it heats that room as well. I have a window ac unit I plan to use in the summer it gets to warm, I run all LEDs so no heat from them.

If worst comes to worst, I have a brand new 1hp chiller but I hope to be able to sell it, I'm waiting to see if the window unit works.

The window unit is rated for 9000 btu/350 sq/ft and the room is only 300-it used to freeze out the family room which is much larger.

I'm sure the frag will pull out of it, I toasted it before in the other tank and it came back, but I appreciate the offer (might have to take you up on it but.....we will see)

• 4 weeks later...
Hot dog thats lookin good. Those zoas in that last shot are amazing =)

They seem to be quite happy, those are candy apple reds from TECO

Awesome job on the chalice frags!(rock2) Keeping them nice and flat to the disc helps growth out exponentially. Hey what's that big monti/chalice piece in the third to last pic with the yellow/orange rim? Oh and the tank is a (drooler) BTW!

Its a cup coral and I dont know the exact name, its a purple base with yellow rim and yellow polyps-It came from Westide and was tough to get Tim to part with it-

Always beautiful! I love your scolymia.

It is a nice one, I got that from Rose City last year in some crazy sale Nick was doing-80.00-(clap)It actually had yellow/green/red/orange stripes in his tank when I got it-(naughty)

LMAO your tank is already looking crowded again! How the hell did you ever fit everything into a 75 gallon tank? (laugh)!!! Nice stuff you coral crackhead!

Thanks Kim-I have gotten rid of a few colonies plus the frag tank (48x24) has stuff- not sure where those 21 different acans you and I have coming will ge going-DOH!

Lookin' good Brad. Are you planning on moving those frag disks that are on the substrate to the frag tank? You definitly got quite the collection. Looks really great.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis-and yes eventually I hope to have all the sand free of frags/discs etc except maybe the side of the tank thats more viewable from the garage. That section gets a nice flow and when I feed (which I do about 2-3x a day) the food blows right through that area and the chalices/zoas grow pretty well-IMO

Thanks for all the positive feedback-its been a long time coming and still a lot to do before its where I want everyting but the list is getting shorter-

thumbsupanimated.gif

wow' date=' what an incredible tank![/quote']

I'm liking how its coming together-Thanks!

It's alright... Just kidding brad. But I am a little disappointed that I can see some sand still in the tank. Means you have room for maybe two or three more corals. Looks great

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

You are funny-my goal this timeis to actually be able to see sand. There a quite a few areas on both side thatthe fish can swim in/up/through frommany different angles-i can tell they really are at peace-its not like huge stacks or a wall of rocks like I have always done. I wanted more of an Island look but that never happened.DOH!

Here are a some pics of the frag tank-its plumbed into the main tank is 48x24x15

Fragtank.jpg

Fragtank2.jpg

Fragtank1.jpg

Fragtank5.jpg

Fragtank6.jpg

I still have lots of "housekeeping" to do. I hope to get everything mounted to the wall in the upcoming weeks so the floor is clean and the wiring is clean looking

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
One of the nicest tanks I have seen. I don't think my tank will ever be like yours. (sad)

I appreciate the kind words but dont underestimate yourself Frank-(nono)

I thought I'd post up a few current pics since this weekend I start a 6-8 week treatment for AEFW-I will be removing every acro in my tank and dipping them weekly. In addition I will scrape every spec of encrusted acro from all my rockwork in the tank. It wont be so bad, I'll be able to redo the rock work on one side that I was never really pleased with. It will also allow me to get all that crap off the sand bed-I still have yet to get everything in its correct spot so this is good actually

Anyway here are some quick pics (oh and for those who dont dip and then Q/T-its a matter of time my friend before you get some form of RTD-DOH!)

Thanks for looking!

T1.jpg

T2.jpg

T3.jpg

T5.jpg

T6.jpg

T7.jpg

T8.jpg

T9.jpg

T10.jpg

T11.jpg

T12.jpg