Share the Love for TFT

Mr S

A new twist. I will donate a frag pack of at least 4 things. I will not tell you what they are but I will give you a good representation of all the basics, except fish and invertebrates. Instead of just saying share the love, you need to give me one tip that could be put in the TFT cookbook about tank maintenance, etc. I will draw a name on February 25th. Here is an example of what a tip would look like:

Dose 1 drop of Lugols solution per 38 gal of water each day to keep iodine levels to a sufficient level.

Thanks people. I promise you won't be disappointed. I will throw in one high end zoo!

• Like 1

Always dip new corals in some sort of reef safe pest control, especially zoanthids

Clean your filter socks and skimmer weekly, whether you feel they need it or not-this hobby is about husbandry

do not make your "reef products" to save money, invest in a proven product unless you know better than others

Invest in a poly screen net to cover your tank, usually one fish that jumps and dies will pay for that intial investment

Keep covers/screens on maxi jets and other powerheads if you have small fish etc-you dont want reef chowder made from them

Test your water params weekly, (bi-monthly), if you must (dependiong on livestock I guess)

there are a few before I run off to work-

more to come

Use a household turkey baster (designated for tank only use) to blow debris and algae off your rocks before your water change, if you have stuck on algae that will not blow off use a clean toothbrush to gently scrub the area (again this tooth brush is for tank use only!)

These are awesome ideas. I would add to raise alkalinity add a tablespoon of Baking Soda each day until desired levels are reached. (I will give this credit to Lowman) I asked him last nite what to do. Keep em coming. I will get one of my students to make some type of handbook. It would be cool if we could set up a data base on the web site where people could access this info. On the computer is much easier to access then a book.