Anemone Problem....

steelhead77

The problem is I have too many of them :D

Happy Rose ----- http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10895

Split into 3 (big, medium and small) a couple weeks ago and now the middle sized one has split again. So I now have 4 RBTA's in my tank and 2 of the halves have decided to go on walkabout. I would like to get those two out as soon as I can before they attach themselves again or start rampaging over corals. However, I am not sure how soon after a split they can be removed, but I figure if they're moving on their own they should be ok.

I'd like $65.00 each (my wife says cash, but I say cash or trade for cool corals (whistle))

-Scott

Half Rose back in a cave after just sucking itself through a rock tonight. You can see half of the mouth on the left.

[ATTACH]4322[/ATTACH]

post-4237-141867775218_thumb.jpg

The problem is I have too many of them :D

Happy Rose ----- http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10895

Split into 3 (big, medium and small) a couple weeks ago and now the middle sized one has split again. So I now have 4 RBTA's in my tank and 2 of the halves have decided to go on walkabout. I would like to get those two out as soon as I can before they attach themselves again or start rampaging over corals. However, I am not sure how soon after a split they can be removed, but I figure if they're moving on their own they should be ok.

I'd like $65.00 each (my wife says cash, but I say cash or trade for cool corals (whistle))

-Scott

Half Rose back in a cave after just sucking itself through a rock tonight. You can see half of the mouth on the left.

[ATTACH]4322[/ATTACH]

Hey Scott - Chewie or dsoz can probably give you good advice on moving the splits but for what it's worth, I extracted mine just a day or so afterward and it is doing great in it's new home.

If it's going into a new tank, I'd wait until it's healed.

Hey Jon, does this depend on the method of splitting (i.e. natural vs. cut)? I hope I didn't endanger mine but it certainly seemed fully intact and robust... just wondering about the comparative "trauma" of those situations.

Sean

Not really trauma Sean.

I have never had a problem transporting nems in my tanks but I'd worry about infection on a fresh split or cut nem in another system.

I wouldn't worry if I were you though, the anemone you have is BULLETPROOF! The original nem has been in captivity for at least 10 years. I have yet to lose any of mine even in the early years due to being sucked into a MJ1200.

I'v seen the plastic strainers used, the type with the holes only on the bottom. I recently pulled 2 out and bought a plastic bowl, drilled some holes in it and floated it in my fuge. you can also rubber band some styrafoam on the bowl to float it

Put a powerhead in the strawberry basket...that will attract it!! He He(laugh)

You know what, thats a great idea! These suckers seem to really like the powerheads. (laugh) BTW, I think the big one is splitting again. That'll make 3 splits in one month. DOH! I guess I must be doing something right?

• 3 weeks later...