Chat is Back!

Rob Allen

We have made some progress. Chat is now back. You can open chat by clicking on the Chat button just under the header.

There are two public chat rooms, "The Public Fish Tank" and "Emergency Room".

"The Public Fish Tank" is a room for everyone to pop in and discuss anything.

"Emergency Room" is a room open for people to talk live about issues with their tanks.

There are two private rooms, "Members Sump" and "Board Room".

"Members Sump" is a PNWMAS Members Only area.

"Board Room" is for PNWMAS Officers and BOD Members to talk shop.

Soooooo are we going to have a TIME to meet. Is there going to be split conversations. Members only and Non members. I ques It just doesn't feel right to me. I would have to go to one or the other. If people want a private conversation. Isn't that what PM is for? I appreciate you getting it to work again.

Soooooo are we going to have a TIME to meet. Is there going to be split conversations. Members only and Non members. I ques It just doesn't feel right to me. I would have to go to one or the other. If people want a private conversation. Isn't that what PM is for? I appreciate you getting it to work again.

What I think he ment Blaine was that there are several different chats available. Members, Board, emergency and general public. Seems like a perk for members thats about it.

What I think he ment Blaine was that there are several different chats available. Members' date=' Board, emergency and general public. Seems like a perk for members thats about it.[/quote']

I did understand it. Just seems self defeating to have mem and non mem. Yes if members ONLY want to chat in that forum, I ques it will force non members to become members if they want to chat with the Members club. I hope it doesn't come to that. I'd hate to see it as an uppity move.

There is nothing meant by the member / non-member chat areas. It was only a thought of a perk to be a member or become a member and to have multiple rooms.

Functionality to show who is in chat is still in development. Hoping this can happen at some point in the near future.

Chat is awesome. The swear filter is a little off ( not that I know anything about that ). If you type any word that starts with a B and has a H in it, the swear filter will block it. Words like brought, breath, bright, all get filtered. It is pretty funny.

Jay

Chat is awesome. The swear filter is a little off ( not that I know anything about that ). If you type any word that starts with a B and has a H in it, the swear filter will block it. Words like brought, breath, bright, all get filtered. It is pretty funny.

Jay

curse filter not working :) You don't want to know how we know LOL

Swear filter is borked' date=' Rob -- it's hitting on any word that begins with B and has an H in it :-)[/quote']

Just in case you didnt know Rob.......sorry I had to do it.

I did understand it. Just seems self defeating to have mem and non mem. Yes if members ONLY want to chat in that forum' date=' I ques it will force non members to become members if they want to chat with the Members club. I hope it doesn't come to that. I'd hate to see it as an uppity move.[/quote']

Blaine, I seriously doubt that it will ever become an "uppity" issue. Just as the Members Forum is use for club issues, it is nowhere near as fun as the public forum. It is really there out of necessity, than as a membership "perk" to have an exclusive hangout.

I feel that the majority of the people at the forum, both members and non-members, when given the choice, would still rather talk about their tanks, than discuss club politics!

Swear filter is borked' date=' Rob -- it's hitting on any word that begins with B and has an H in it :-)[/quote']

well... that sounds like a load of Berghia.

(I just tried it, and "Berghia" shows as "b***h ia" ... another forbidden subject would be mentioning the b***h emian Rhapsody, by Queen.)(laugh)

The chat feature is great, however the last 8 times I've gone in nobody is in it. Is there a way to display on the main page how many people are currently in chat? If so I think it would help get people involved.

Thanks,

Brad

Thats a great idea Brad, I have done the same thing as well. It would definitely encourage higher usage I bet. With the old chat setup, people used to post in a thread to let everyone know they were there but this idea would be much better in my mind.