Custom made MH reflectors

Nyles

Finally got up there, ran some tests and talked to the owner and he is going to run the numbers again after all the changes we made. I am looking to have these Polyester powder coated white as well (as its more resistant to saltwater) and the light testing for reflectivity was right with the aluminum material so this should last a LOT longer. See material spec.

Key Features

• Very good chemical and stain resistance.
  • Excellent hardness, impact, and abrasion resistance.
  • High quality and durable finish.
  • Excellent flexibility and humidity and salt spray resistance.

my only request was to keep the numbers in check.

Anyhow, get your funds ready for those who want them, I have moved the light down as Sam at sunlight supply suggested. I hope supplier can get pricing early next week, I will post that when I get it (shooting for $55-65 tops for cost), then I will give 1 week notice to collect funds and then I will order for those who have paid. Thats it, after that I will not be adding anymore orders. I may do this again in a year but no sooner. Paypal proffered on funds when we get to that point.

Not late yet, I will post prices as soon as I get them and then we will have a week to collect money, any time now. I am off work till monday so I wont know anything till next week at the earliest.

• 3 weeks later...

can I get a hand count on who isplanning on getting some of these I need to figure out a close quantity so I know what to tell them for price last count there was about 15... post or pm and let me know your quantity.

19" x 19" square I dropped off a mogul mount to the engineer when I was there so he could make a mount for it, they will cut hole as advised by Sam at sunlight supply and it should all be pretty basic to install. I emailed them today as I just got back from vacation, I was hoping to have a price but no response yet, I will call Wednesday if I don't hear anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after confirming price then back stepping with lots of frustration I finally got a price. The budget that was given to me originally was 55-65, and they now have came back to me with a cost of $88 each including powdercoating. This is just way to high in my opinion, I would rather just buy a quality product from SLS for slightly more (and its miro reflector). Anyways, I tried sorry guys. This is very frustrating for me as I put a lot of effort into it. Sorry.

Honestly don't know, I would say partially due to powder coating and I don't think they thought it through properly, I am fairly tired of dealing with them and can't seem to get it through what the goal here is, cheap cost effective simple reflectors. Without a miro3 reflective material I think polyester powder coating is the way to go, either way Im spending more than I want so I think I will stick with the aluminum based prototype I made. If I want more I may have them cut the white pebbled material out on the laser and assemble myself to keep them super cheap, seems to work so far. Either way I need to move one this project has consumed to much time.

I'm sorry to hear that Nyles... I was really looking forward to see what you came up with.

You said you wanted simple, cheap, effective. Here's a good alternative, which is manufactured in the US, and retails within your original budget.

Google the Agrotech reflector. MSRP is 61.95 with socket/lamp cord. I'm sure you could find it for $55.00.

Includes Miro 4 and a bit of 7. It's square also, but bigger. 22"x22"x6"...