Garden Hose Adapter Question

Krux

Hello all.

I am looking at ways to temporarily transport water from my RO reservoir to my new tank for the foreseeable future and could use some input.  At some point the room behind my tank wall will become a fish room and all RO will relocate there, but I need to do some electrical before I can do that.

I am going to use a Sicce ultrazero in my RO reservoir to push water to my topoff reservoir about 15 feet away as needed.  The pump has a 3/4" garden hose male output. 

I prefer to avoid brass around the water, even though it is only a minute or two it will be submerged and am looking for anyones' experience using polysulphonate or polypropolene fittings or quick disconnect fittings.  I used these for brewing to keep metal away from the wort, and figure they would function the same for this application unless there is a reliable more accessible option.  I figure on attaching these to the end of a potable water line from the RV store as I think my usual go-to of silicone tubing will be too flimsy for a run of this length.

TIA.

https://www.irrigationking.com/pvc-hose-adapter-3-4-fht-x-1-2-barb-500-005.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAoKeuBhCoARIsAB4WxtcKGCtlnSmBK6dnxmcAJtAAMxUtj3QJ8plE6q-9Re9KzS1Je-vBNm0aArTWEALw_wcB

something like this could work

also I’d consider putting in a check valve to keep any water from draining backwards ( happened to my brother )

Edited by Zach0225

Yep, something like those, but 5/8" ID.  I appreciate the keywords to search. 

Ideally I want to incorporate quick disconnects like I have on my Pax Bellum, but the sizes are wrong (1/2") and they don't have a GHT connector.  Grainger has polysulphone QD's but that is a hard place to walk into and actually hold something to visualize if it will work.

I am also thinking I might go stainless steel as an option, and use plastic hose clamps to hold the tubing on.  For short immersion periods, just a few minutes at a time, this might be viable?  Again, works in the brewing world... The nice part is I can use 3/4" ID hose with this for faster liquid transfer, I just don't think I trust the worm thread hose clamps and more than metal screws.

image.png

Yep, planning to ditch those and use plastic versions.  I usually use ear clamps around the house but I don’t like those in submerged applications, though I believe they make stainless versions.

Edited by Krux