New Par meter thread

islandVib3s

6 hours ago, Lumeniferous said:

How long do we have to pick up the meter? I only need it for an evening and can pick up tomorrow. 

It depends on the waitlist.  And how long reefers need it.

7 hours ago, Brittany said:

Has the handheld one been found?   I already picked up and returned USB one so take me off that list.  Thanks!!

Thank you

Brittany

Yes the handheld is gone until the club replaces it if we can. Ok thanks. @Chindo your up for pick up. Please call @CuttleFishandCoralto confirm availability 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Lumeniferous said:

Picked up. 

Im going to return the meter.

the USB is totally rusted and only connects 1 out of 10 times to both my PC and my MBP. When it does connect, it reads between 5-30 seconds before erroring out. Unfortunately, I was going to map out the entire tank so this isn't going to work due to how infrequently it reads and out sporadically it disconnects.

I'll drop it back off later today. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Lumeniferous said:

Im going to return the meter.

the USB is totally rusted and only connects 1 out of 10 times to both my PC and my MBP. When it does connect, it reads between 5-30 seconds before erroring out. Unfortunately, I was going to map out the entire tank so this isn't going to work due to how infrequently it reads and out sporadically it disconnects.

I'll drop it back off later today. 

Dang it..thanks for the update. This is all new news to me. Please update when its returned.  Sorry and thank you.

Maybe a topic we can touch on at todays meeting?

My thoughts are we likely will need to charge a small usage fee moving forward and increase the deposit (to ensure we get our meters back). The fee will then over time help pay for the next replacement. Does anyone know how old the existing ones were? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LavenderTi said:

Maybe a topic we can touch on at todays meeting?

My thoughts are we likely will need to charge a small usage fee moving forward and increase the deposit (to ensure we get our meters back). The fee will then over time help pay for the next replacement. Does anyone know how old the existing ones were? 

Yes, we should discuss this at today's meeting. See you there!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Abarger16 said:

I was late to the meeting was their a discussion on the par meter situation?

We decided to fix the USB par meter and are considering purchasing a new handheld. We will update this thread when we have news to share. 👍

• Like 1