Why should you become a PNWMAS Supporting Member???

SuncrestReef

Why should you pay to become a PNWMAS Supporting Member???

Several reasons:

We have 4,348 registered website members, but only 144 paid Supporting Members.

Membership only costs $24 per year for an individual, or $30 per year for a Family membership.

Paid members receive a number of benefits:

• One free raffle ticket at all club events (two tickets for Family memberships)
  • Member-only raffles
  • Member-only Classified ads
  • Member-only Group buys
  • Access to the club's loaner PAR meters
  • Limited Grow Out competitions
  • Access to Officer/Board nominations and voting
  • Larger profile picture
  • Larger message inbox capacity

What do membership dues pay for?  In addition to revenue from raffle ticket sales and vendor sponsorships, over the past year your membership dues allowed us to:

• Raffle off over $6,000 of prizes including aquariums, lights, pumps, skimmers, controllers, test kits, and many other items.
  • Provide over $2,000 worth of food and beverages at club meetings.
  • We had two prominent guest speakers at club meetings.
  • We invested in club items such as a video projector for meeting presentations, and Zoom video conferencing to allow for remote meeting participants.
  • We’re planning a big Holiday Meeting in December with more great raffle prizes.
  • Website hosting, image storage, email processing, spam filtering, and business registration fees.
  • None of us Officers or Board Members receive any compensation.  We are all volunteers to make this club successful.

Without all of our Supporting Members, we would just be a basic web support forum.  But instead, we strive to maintain a local interactive club with in-person and virtual meetings, prizes, food & drink, guest speakers, contests, and a local support group that doesn’t hesitate to help each other out when someone needs to move a tank, has an emergency, or just has basic reefing questions.  We exist for you, but we also exist because of you.

I am proud of my fellow club Officers and Board Members who all work behind the scenes to keep this club alive and thriving.  The fact that I don’t even have an aquarium anymore due to life events, but yet choose to remain active as PNWMAS Treasurer demonstrates how impressed I am with this club, and I am committed to seeing to its continued success and remaining a part of this wonderful community of reefing hobbyists.

If you’re not yet a paying Supporting Member, please consider subscribing to help support this amazing group, and to take advantage of the benefits we offer.  Details here:

-John
@SuncrestReef
PNWMAS Treasurer

• Like 4

Thanks for posting this. I do hope people do consider being a supporting member. As everyone knows prices for everything have gone up and providing food has become more expensive. 
One raffle ticket is 5 dollars and I have had people with just one raffle ticket win. 

There are Member only raffles we do and will do at the Holiday party. Supporting members will get a free ticket. 

This place has always been member focused we aren’t reef2reef where we get most of our money from sponsors and we are selective with who we have sponsor our  site because we want honest sponsors who support our mission. 

Are there thoughts as to why someone would be hesitant to pay the yearly 24 dollar fee ? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jtarmitage said:

Do we get any form of notification when our membership expires, or is it auto billed?  I know I've got a few months left but just curious.

Unfortunately our forum software doesn't allow any easy way to look up your own membership expiration, but I believe it will send you a renewal notice when it's about to expire.

Using my Admin console access, I looked up your membership and see it's good through November 27, 2022.

If anyone else would like to know their expiration date, you can send me a PM.

2 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Unfortunately our forum software doesn't allow any easy way to look up your own membership expiration, but I believe it will send you a renewal notice when it's about to expire.

Using my Admin console access, I looked up your membership and see it's good through November 27, 2022.

Why don’t we just let them auto renew and just give a notification that payment is due and they will be charged ? Is this possible ? It happens with my Apple subscriptions now.

23 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Yeah, I checked my paypal history to figure it out lol...