First time RODI user

John Vinson

make sure you're using the Filtered water (not the waste water) - and Yes, you're done.   

• For water changes, add salt. 
  • For topping off evaporation, use straight RO water.  No Salt.

(It may be obvious to some of us, but I once helped someone setup a tank - and they thought all water added to the tank had to be salt water.   Even replacement water from evaporation.  Yes, they killed their first tank full of livestock.  So I spell it out now.)

2 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

Don't forget to get float valves for auto shut off to avoid floods also get a tds meter to measure and check if its working correctly, also get a extra heater for your salt mixing,makes mixing faster and to avoid temp shock when doing water changes.

I hadn't thought of the float valve...definitely need to go with that....any recommendations?  A quick look on amazon and I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Reverse-Osmosis-System-Connect-Fittings(ball/dp/B076HDV3Z2/ref=sr_1_21?crid=28AJKROUIH6QL&dchild=1&keywords=float+valve+for+water+tank&qid=1633141625&sprefix=float+valve%2Caps%2C242&sr=8-21

It looks like it'd do the trick....

1 hour ago, John Vinson said:

I hadn't thought of the float valve...definitely need to go with that....any recommendations?  A quick look on amazon and I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Reverse-Osmosis-System-Connect-Fittings(ball/dp/B076HDV3Z2/ref=sr_1_21?crid=28AJKROUIH6QL&dchild=1&keywords=float+valve+for+water+tank&qid=1633141625&sprefix=float+valve%2Caps%2C242&sr=8-21

It looks like it'd do the trick....

Yep that should work, might want to try and find just the float kits because the rodi comes with alot of line that you can use. I literally just set mine up because I upgraded but I havent added my spouts yet.1633146074819788725864648159844.jpg

47 minutes ago, islandVib3s said:

Yep that should work, might want to try and find just the float kits because the rodi comes with alot of line that you can use. I literally just set mine up because I upgraded but I havent added my spouts yet.1633146074819788725864648159844.jpg

Did you run the line from the DI filter straight to that float kit?  Also, it looks like you drilled through the bucket, did you seal it with anything after attaching it?  Thanks again for the help!

Yea its straight from the di. I have multiple buckets and I plug them in when I need to make some. My originals had the float on the lids but it was a pain whenever i opened it so I figured why not the side. Yes its sealed like a tiny bulkhead and Teflon taped threads.

Edited by islandVib3s