WHO IS THE EBAY EXPERT?

R-3

I need some help on EBAY. There is a jet ski for sale on there that seems to good to be true. I just wanna figure out whats going on.

Here is the link to the ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7629932295&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Here is the email I got from the guy.

hello there!

buy it now for $2300!

I will pay for shipping!

I am located in Braila,Romania!

The jetski it is stored at ebay warehouse in Morristown, New Jersey , the jetski will be shipped from there on my expence .Here you can see the info about the warehouse http://www.newjerseywarehouse.us.tf

Terms & Conditions Shipping and handling:

The shipping address must be provided before sending the payment. The

jetski will be shipped trough DAS Shipping Company . The jetski will only

be sent after receiving the payment. I agreed with eBay to send my jetski

to its warehouse since I am not in US .This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.

If the jetski is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the jetski will be shipped back to eBay's warehouse on my expence. Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this jetski from very first moment you'll see it.

Buy with confidence!

Instructions for the payment :

You need to provide me all this information:

Your ebay user id: ...

Your ebay email address: ...

First Name: ...

Last name: ...

Address: ...

City: ...

State: ...

Zip: ...

name of the item you want to buy and the price we agreed....After you will give me all this informations I will contact ebay warehouse to send you an invoce with all the terms of the deal.

Thanks for the conceded time .I am looking forward to your reply.

On 6/15/06, ryanmquinn@comcast.net <ryanmquinn@comcast.net> wrote:

So is the ski in the US? New Jersey right? So is the a solid runner? Even with all the mods? Just wondering/ Thanks Ryan

Here is where he says it is stored

Im just trying to figure out if this is a scam. How do I contact Ebay to figure this out? All of the deals on the page seem to be to good to be true. The seller has a almost perfect feedback though, but its mostly for vacumms. Later ryan

Ok, I'm no expert, but this sounds like a scam.

He says he is from Romania, but if you look at the vacuums that he has for sale, it says he is from Canada. The listings do not even look the same. Looks like they are built by different people. Here is my advice. Go to on of the vacuums that he has for sale, and e-mail him a question about the jetski. Chances are that these are two different people. Why would he put his gmail account on the page when you can contact him via ebay? I don't know how he did it but it looks like he is piggy-backing on someone elses account. Let us know how it goes.

Jay

Stay away from this Ryan. Bad bad news IMO

If you want a jetski, head over to Hillsboro Motosports or give them a call. Ask for Ron Toy. Tell him Miles told you to call. He'll treat you right.

Now that i look at it again, he has a good feedback score.

Yah i have never heard of Ebay warehouses. I think thats the whole point of ebay' date=' they don't have to have any inventory.[/quote']

Yeah it is....The only thing is maybe he is confused and he just ment a wharehouse in NJ...I would try to contact him again and see if he can give you the number to the wharehouse...2300 bucks is alot of money to lose.

(scratch)ya id say its a scam.....if you go to the new jersey warehouse and look at the product pics.youll notice that not one of the items is photographed at that location and the warehouse pic looks generic. also they are requesting pay them with a western union money order....no where on this site do u see any affiliation with ebay.....youll also see that the site has grammer problems.u wouldnt see this from an american company,but maybe from ascammer from romania thats not fluent in english....i ageree with Chief about the identity theft on an ebay acct........what will the tweekers come up with next.....(scratch)

You have no recourse if something goes wrong. The seller is in another country.

I would be very careful. I've purchased a lot of items off E-bay and never had any trouble.But never from someone in another country. IMO

Often times if the deal is to good to be true. It is.

A buddy of mine had his ebay account jacked sombody stole it changed password so he couldnt get back in and tryed to sell a trackter for 500.00 that was worth 2000.00 and he was getting emails asking if this was for real took him awhile to prove he was actual owner of the account too before he got it back lol with that said IT'S A SCAM BEWARE besides that my bud down here just bought two twoperson jetski's for 2500 and they were only 2years old so look around localy there out there.

The major thing that I would worry about is the Western Union payment. He doesn't want the payment via the mail because that would be mail fraud. He doesn't want it via paypal because then you could get your money back from them. There are escrow companies out there that you could try to use so that he wouldn't get his money until you got the jet ski. My guess is that he wouldn't be interested in that though. You might suggest it and see what he says.

this is a typical ebay shuffle. I was in the market for a sportbike and they where running $11,000, I could get one from a guy on ebay for $3,000. These guys are 99% of the time a scam, most are ebay accounts that have been hijacked and the scammer posts the reduculous add and the old users feedback backs up the sale, then they take your money and run. If its a good deal and an honest deal a local guy would have contacted him and purchased it, honestly if the price is right anyone local would have bought it. Its really to good to be true, if its a shuffle or there is a secret story behind the unit that hes not telling you. In short if you cant go pick it up and pay cash and him have title free and clear, forget about it.

He could have sold it locally 10 times over in one day, hes fishing for a sucker.

By the way the bike I seen on ebay, about 2 weeks later the account was suspended, thankfully nobody purchased the hook.