Apex programming live stream

SuncrestReef

3 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

@SuncrestReefJust watched the live stream replay.  Great job.  I especially like how you walked through the FeedStorm example step by step.  

Yes, I thought that was an excellent example of using a combination of Defer, Min Time, and virtual outputs.  And now you're famous!!!

But, if you go back to the original post - the FeedStorm concept is from @Snappy.   You and I turned it into Apex automation.

And if you want a funny side story, I couldn't actually use this code until recently.  I didn't have the return pump Apex controllable until about two weeks ago.   So I can finally see feedstorm in full action.

On 7/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, Snappy said:

It’s my targeted spot feeding. It’s nearly an hour process. I turn all water circulation off and target feed each mouth in my tank with precision with frozen food slurry and turkey baster. Then I wait 20-30 minutes, and turn on water fan without the pump running. This turns the tank into a snow globe of frozen shrimp. Then I turn the water fan off and let everything settle again. Repeat process a couple times before circulating the water with the pumps again. It essentially target feeds everything 3x within the hour, but would be difficult to do in a tank larger than 30 gallons. 

My acans and favites grow large and fast. My tanks specialty. 

• Like 1

This is so cool guys!!!!! I'm excited to be able to contribute something of value to the community. FEEDSTORM!!! That is a great automation for a controller and wonderful you took the time to walk us all through the advanced programming. In a year or two, FEEDSTORM might be a common reef term. 😀

• Like 3

On 3/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, albertareef said:

I unfortunately missed this but will watch the replay.  It's kind of cool that our local PNWMAS board member is getting famous for his Apex automation chops!  Thanks for the contribution @Snappy!

It's funny, I get random requests for Apex help from people all over the US, UK, Spain, Sweden, Russia, Singapore, and others.

And now, check out this plug directly from Terence and Paul on today's #LetsTalkReef video:

I'm famous!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

It's funny, I get random requests for Apex help from people all over the US, UK, Spain, Sweden, Russia, Singapore, and others.

And now, check out this plug directly from Terence and Paul on today's #LetsTalkReef video:

I'm famous!!!

I know you are one of their Betas now but these guys need to start paying you!

• Like 1