Jump to content

Let’s talk generators


Recommended Posts

All hooked up ! It is an interlock. 
@TheClark any recommendations to where I can get at least a 25 to 50 foot cord this generator is loud and I want it away from the house. It has a remote start lol. 276AF9C6-71EE-4A9E-A1B5-D6EF2B95926F.jpegiD40DDB40-44FD-4043-AA0C-F3B2482E0DD1.jpeg924C9874-DB7B-441C-A1A5-12CBE11709D8.jpeg751C7250-FD58-4D34-B946-34571623DC88.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just an update I’m going to have an electrician install a transfer switch it’s going to cost a little more because I have 2 electrical panels and he will need to relocate some of the circuits to one p

I have a honda 2200. It is quiet, starts every single time and got my 300 through a couple different power outages.  Now that I live in the mountains i have a propane standby with automatic transfer s

Interlock is cheap and easy if you have room in the panel.  If not, it will be a bit spendier to move stuff or add a subpanel. An interlock is a tiny bit more work when the power goes out, but no

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

All hooked up ! It is an interlock. 
@TheClark any recommendations to where I can get at least a 25 to 50 foot cord this generator is loud and I want it away from the house. It has a remote start lol. 276AF9C6-71EE-4A9E-A1B5-D6EF2B95926F.jpegiD40DDB40-44FD-4043-AA0C-F3B2482E0DD1.jpeg924C9874-DB7B-441C-A1A5-12CBE11709D8.jpeg751C7250-FD58-4D34-B946-34571623DC88.jpeg

HD has ISO chord and its not hard to wire up a new chord.............I use the same thing on some of my welders and have wired plenty over the years......we can get you hooked up..........

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, spectra said:

HD has ISO chord and its not hard to wire up a new chord.............I use the same thing on some of my welders and have wired plenty over the years......we can get you hooked up..........

Thank you sir. The cord they gave me doesn’t have a plug that fits it very well either.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to say it but... I got mine on amazon!  Cords are super expensive the later it gets into summer as people start camping, so the time is now!!  However, even early in the year, wire is crazy expensive.

Good investment though, getting it further away is a good thing!

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 7:04 PM, Emerald525 said:

Do I just rewire it to fit the interlock ?

Doesn't match the interlock?  Shoot!  I was hoping it was a perfect fit.

I am not the best guy for re-wiring 50 amp plugs.  Lots of good info on it out there, but I tend towards prewired because of my limited skills and the risk that goes with it especially in an outdoor environment.

We have a ton of good electricity folks on here, I cannot recall who they are though!

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheClark said:

Doesn't match the interlock?  Shoot!  I was hoping it was a perfect fit.

I am not the best guy for re-wiring 50 amp plugs.  Lots of good info on it out there, but I tend towards prewired because of my limited skills and the risk that goes with it especially in an outdoor environment.

We have a ton of good electricity folks on here, I cannot recall who they are though!

 

 

 

I found a longer one!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dhnguyen said:

You can also build a cover for the generator to leave it outside and use some sound proof padding inside to keep the noise down.  It makes a big difference.

That’s a great idea because I would love to keep it on overnight. Do you have some pictures ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dhnguyen said:

The one I build years ago was nothing more than just a  plywood box with foam lined inside it and it muffled the noise greatly.

That’s good to know because I would love to run it at night great idea !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...