What do you call a picture taken by a clam?

Higher Thinking

Shellfie!

Snapped a couple photos today of most of the clams. They all seem happy as a clam!

20210211_203953-01.jpeg

Scared this one right when I took it so not much mantle showing. 20210211_204024-01.jpeg

20210211_204007-01.jpeg

20210211_204033-01.jpeg

20210211_204053-01.jpeg

The Gigas behemoth continues to impress! It's begun to overshadow a couple acro colonies which is a bit concerning, but it is what it is. 20210211_204206-01.jpeg

Crazy patterning on the mantle. I actually thought for a long time that the spots with no color in the mantle were some kind of flaw or deficiency. Turns out those are characteristic of Gigas clams  20210211_204139-01.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It's good to see someone else that loves clams, yours look great.  I currently have six but three of them are still very small. Did you get most of them local and are you worried that that gigas is going to topple your rock when it gets bigger?

Edited by ocboat

48 minutes ago, ocboat said:

It's good to see someone else that loves clams, yours look great.  I currently have six but three of them are still very small. Did you get most of them local and are you worried that that gigas is going to topple your rock when it gets bigger?

I've gotten every one from CnC. I have 8 currently. And yes, the Gigas toppling that rock structure crosses my mind quite a bit, but I'm not worried about the repercussions. There is rock below that which would (hopefully) cushion the fall of the rocks against the glass. Personally, the thought of growing a clam so large that it crumbles my hardscape is kind of a cool thing. 

• Like 2