The Importance of Fresh Air

shaywood

The other night before going to bed I turned off my skimmer in order to feed my corals. The next morning I noticed my pH had dropped a lot. That's when I realized I didn't turn my skimmer back on, which has a soda lime canister connected. 

Screenshot_20201005-153452.jpg

• Like 1

Back before COVID when we used to host frequent large parties at our house, I'd always notice a big drop in pH.  The graph below was from our Xmas party last December where we had about 45 people in the house with all the windows closed.  Even with the skimmer running, the pH dropped rapidly:

1508425784_ScreenShot2019-12-08at8_43_50AM.png.591d52fd5a977646288544e8a9b73767.png

• Like 1

My skimmer has always lived in a dedicated room off the garage, outside the house.  With a dedicated fresh air feed to the room.   (and no cars live in the garage)   Therefore, I can't say "Me too" to this one.   

Except, I happen to have left my CaReactor off last night - and you can see my pH INCREASE without the lower pH effluent entering the system.

image.png

• Like 1