Ai Nero 5 magnets

Lazyreefer

I got a Nero 5 about a month ago or so now and it will literally not stay on my Red Sea reefer 350 with the magnet it came with not even while it’s not running. It says it’s rated for this glass thickness so pretty annoyed with it. For any smaller of glass thickness I’m sure it would be fine and I love the control-ability of it but just won’t work for me. I am thinking of getting a icecap gyre 2k that’s WiFi controllable and replacing it and running a 2k on one side and 3k on the other, anyone have any reviews on the WiFi models? I know it’s pretty new so probably not but worth a shot and if anyone needs a Nero 5 for a smaller tank i will most likely have one for sale this week. Thanks for reading my rant and for any info you have 👌🏻

• Like 1

I got a Nero 5 about a month ago or so now and it will literally not stay on my Red Sea reefer 350 with the magnet it came with not even while it’s not running. It says it’s rated for this glass thickness so pretty annoyed with it. For any smaller of glass thickness I’m sure it would be fine and I love the control-ability of it but just won’t work for me. I am thinking of getting a icecap gyre 2k that’s WiFi controllable and replacing it and running a 2k on one side and 3k on the other, anyone have any reviews on the WiFi models? I know it’s pretty new so probably not but worth a shot and if anyone needs a Nero 5 for a smaller tank i will most likely have one for sale this week. Thanks for reading my rant and for any info you have [emoji1305]
Let me know how the wifi controllers work, I've been waiting to upgrade my 3k controllers. I love how they are backwards compatible, and that you can connect 2 gyres to one controller. So, I'm needing 3 wifi controllers. Don't even know if they are being sold separately, I should give them a shout... Bummer on your Nero.

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

55 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Let me know how the wifi controllers work, I've been waiting to upgrade my 3k controllers. I love how they are backwards compatible, and that you can connect 2 gyres to one controller. So, I'm needing 3 wifi controllers. Don't even know if they are being sold separately, I should give them a shout... Bummer on your Nero.

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

Will do! Yea that is pretty cool of them to make them backwards compatible honestly kind of surprising with how people sell reef gear most the time. They are selling controllers and new pumps separately on their website and bulkeeefsupply and such which is another point for them👍🏻 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

There is a little piece of black rubber foam that is glued on the magnet inside the tank that keeps the nero from moving around. Does yours still have it?

6 minutes ago, CuttleFishandCoral said:

They did come out with new magnets. If u email Ai they will send u the new ones for free. 

5 hours ago, Danik said:

I run 2 Nero 5 on back of redsea 500 and never had one fall off, did you secure your cable with zip-ties? 

Nice! Yea I went ahead and traded the pump to someone on here and got the WiFi icecap. Definitely happy with the trade and the new pumps overall spread of flow 👍🏻 Thanks for the help guys 

• Like 1