Neptune Trident 24V adapter, proprietary?

TheClark

I have plenty of good 24v adapters, so I opted not to spend 30 dollars on one for the trident.

Sadly, looking at their jack, it looks proprietary.

True?

I don't think APEX has cornered the market on 24v power, kinda frustrating... Trident is offline :)

Thanks!

14 hours ago, TheClark said:

Pretty tough to find one (for me) with the right sized jack.  The power requirements were no big deal, just that odd sized and shaped jack.  I sucked it up and ordered one for 30.

Kind of sounds like they may have picked an odd size jack just for this reason... wouldn't surprise me.  At least you know it should work!

5 hours ago, albertareef said:

Kind of sounds like they may have picked an odd size jack just for this reason... wouldn't surprise me.  At least you know it should work!

Indeed!  I feel like it was part of their pricing model, ah well.  Cannot wait to get it up and running!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Do you not have any available 1Link ports?

I don't think so, thanks for asking. 

====Begin Rant====

I have a large APEX install, including 5 eb8s, but bought it all way, way before 1 link ports existed.  

To run the Trident, I bought a standalone 'new' apex head unit.

WIth the price of the EB832 and even a 1link module (250 and 150, seriously?), I definitely don't plan on investing anymore.

Home automation is catching up, and more open and generic, and competitive in every way.

====End Rant====

Super glad for the trident, sorry to see where the pricing is headed on the other current gen apex components.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 12:26 PM, cjmdh said:

Thanks, I ordered my 30 dollar power supply.  Still waiting on it LOL.

I am sure it will be a distant memory when the awesomeness of the trident is unleashed on me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1