initializing apex

reefnjunkie

Does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve the inital token that was sent when the apex was initially set up and linked to fusion

Going  to apexfusion.com typing in the name and password which takes them to a page that say "you dont have access to an apex at this time"

But when accessing the classic dashboard from their Mac the upper left tile says "apex fusion OK" 

Id prefer not to initialize memory and redo everything just to get a new token.

Id love to socially shame the idiot that refuses to email neptune for help since this falls in my lap to fix, some people should stick to power strips and timers 😡

TIA

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, reefnjunkie said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve the inital token that was sent when the apex was initially set up and linked to fusion

Going  to apexfusion.com typing in the name and password which takes them to a page that say "you dont have access to an apex at this time"

But when accessing the classic dashboard from their Mac the upper left tile says "apex fusion OK" 

Id prefer not to initialize memory and redo everything just to get a new token.

Id love to socially shame the idiot that refuses to email neptune for help since this falls in my lap to fix, some people should stick to power strips and timers 😡

TIA

Nice of you to help out.  Looks like you have the right person already engaged in the discussion!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Do you have a display module on this Apex Classic?  I think you can see the token somewhere in the display menus.

I’ll look at one of mine for a token to see if it’s there

Itll be a few weeks before that can be checked on his

Thanks for the idea 

No token on the display

oh well, if its not important to him enough to email tech supportand ask for help as Ive been saying since May his Gyre can continue to run when he hits Feed A 😂

I could mention again how he can get to the dashboard from his Mac using the IP address but........( Inset Forest Gump line).....Stupid is.......

Thanks again John- If I recall :) 

• Like 1

I think you covered all this, but here is a copy paste from RC

The best course of action is to ask the previous owner to Remove the Apex from his or her APEX Fusion account. If this is not possible, then the second option is to reset the Apex back to factory defaults. This will reset all outlet and probe names to default, reset all programming to default, etc. This is probably desirable to do anyway so you can start off fresh. To do a full wipe & reset the Apex:

If there are multiple EnergyBars and/or any additional expansion modules comprising your Apex system, disconnect all modules from the Apex except for one EnergyBar.
Do an Initialize All of the Apex using the classic web pages (Configuration->Misc Setup page-Initialize memory->Initialize All) or through the display module menu system (System->Init Memory->Init All).
Wait until the Apex reboots
Link your Apex to your APEX Fusion account.
Go to the the Authorization page in Fusion. If you see two Owners listed:

Go back to the Apex List page
Click the gear icon
Click Remove, and enter your password when prompted
Wait about 5 minutes
Re-Link your Apex
Go to the the Authorization page in Fusion; you should only see yourself listed as Owner.