1/2 way done!! CNC Sps growout February

well fellow stick fiends...wait, is that a thing? Ok, maybe it is, maybe it is not but at any rate, its officially february and its update time for all those people who are still growing their frags.

Officially i think there has only been one casualty so far. I hope everyones frags are doing well. Mine has definately settled in..even after spending 3 weeks in QT, moving it 2x and knocking it over LOL.

i will post pics tomorrow!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I moved it up a few inches and center the polyps bleached(for about 2 months) but growing tips are red. Now the polyps are red, growing tips are red but the rest is green. The grow out piece was growing slow but growing when on the sand bed in lower left. I moved it up maybe 6" and just off center and it stopped doing anything and the base that encrusted is green. Polyps are out. Not as long as before and nothing like the red planet. Those polyps are like 1/4" long

I am definitely not going to win the grow out based on height, had to chop about 1/2"" off the bottom of the frag to stop some STN.  On the up side the growth tips are getting the yellow color going.

IMG_6294.JPG

Edited by Krux

When I posted last month's update, my frag was doing well, but about a week or so later it started browning at the tips.  I'm guessing this was due to parameter swings after I did several large water changes in late December/early January to combat the brown jelly outbreak.  It has recovered a bit, but one branch did lose some flesh.  I've also noticed my red bug infestation has now spread to this frag.  My new pipe fish still haven't gone near the infested frags, perhaps because they're in higher flow areas of my tank.  I'll probably give them about a month and if they haven't started grazing on the red bugs I'll need to try Interceptor instead.

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 2.50.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 2.51.52 PM.png

I highly doubt I will win this growout contest.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Every aquarium sold should come with a complimentary orange filter for cell phone photos.  It would do wonders for the industry.
I agree [emoji817]! Since you showed me yours and I tried it on my phone I ordered one for myself [emoji16] my cell camera takes terrible pics.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

Here's my February post!

The base has grown out considerably even from last month!  I was comparing my own pictures today and am actually more amazed than I thought!

I think the backside is even going over the edge of the frag.  As for height, will see the difference at the end of the contest.  I'm not sure it's grown higher too much yet.  My polyp extension is minimal, but it's healthy so far.  Ideas on improving that?

2-23 Frag.jpg

Edited by Cerulean Seas