six line wrasse

mister crabs

will a six line eat bristle worms? I just got my rock into my tank and noticed at least two of them last night. I was planning a six line anyhow since they are so cool looking and such good pest controllers.

on a side note I got my tank setup last monday with 20lbs of live sand and fresh saltwater and then on tuesday put in 28lbs of beautifully coralline covered LR mostly kaelini i believe but could be just fiji. Looks sorta like fiji but has alot of caves and branches coming off it. Going to get my skimmer in a couple weeks but just have 7 blue leg hermits in there.

am going to get the first fish tomorrow (the sixline)

I know this seems like a fast setup but the rock is so nice and the sand was brand new and seeded with sand from the same tank as the rock. I have been testing params every other day with API test kits and so far all 0's where their supposed to be and a 8.2ph level.

well maybe i will hold off on the six line then.....

I am planning a coral beauty angel (for my wife)

A shrimp & goby pair, and at least one other type of fish maybe a clown or clown pair. Is this too much bioload for my 29 gallon? Its going to be softies and LPS so I am not too worried about the beauty eating the corals and other than the fish just crabs and snails in the tank. I will have a mini fuge in the back with LR rubble and Chaeto and the tunze nano skimmer will be coming soon.

But I want to add my first fish and am unsure of what order to put them into the tank....Any suggestions?

I don't think it's too much bio load, but I've changed my mind from getting a 6line, or any wrasse from the aggression I keep reading about. I used to have a coral beauty and never touched a thing but algae on the rock. My true lemonpeel eats off the rock all day, on occasion it's picking at LPS, but think he's just taking bugs, never harmed from what my eye can see.

my sixline is great, cured my tank of pyramid snails. he doesn't seem to care about flatworms though.

I've seen him try to clean my other fish but not intentionally harrass them. I've actually seen my hawkfish nail him a couple of times after getting irritated.

6lines can be real jerks when they get established. Pick up a gentler wrasse :)

Thats putting it nicely. Ive had 3 customers in the last week bring me 6 lines that were beating the crap out of other fish. And another that has my trap right now trying to catch his 6 line. They are bastards. If you want one, be sure its the last fish you add.

Thats putting it nicely. Ive had 3 customers in the last week bring me 6 lines that were beating the crap out of other fish. And another that has my trap right now trying to catch his 6 line. They are bastards. If you want one' date=' be sure its the last fish you add.[/quote']

Yeah, it's a board which probably wouldn't like my other description - wow, 3 in a week? I know I was one of them (naughty)

I am sitting on the couch right now ejoying the new fish I got today swim around. I have not had this experience in awhile you see because I was unable to add anything new to the tank without the sixline bullying and needing to own all 90 gallons> He was such a jerk, he ate peppermint shrimp, harassed cleaner shrimp to the point of them all having very stubby antennae, and chased the powder blue tang and the leapord wrasse both about ten times his size. The last straw was watching him show off in frustration because he was hungry and did not want to go into the trap where yummy food was waiting, so he bit my clam a few times! GOOD BYE!

My six line never touched bristleworms, flat worms or stomella's. I had tons of all three. I hyper dipped my LR due to a fireworm and took out probably close to 500 bristleworms back in 05'. The sixline could have been making a dent, but I doubt it. Never observed it myself.

I used to have one a couple years ago and it never harmed anything besides flatworms and the occasional stomatella it would nip at. I have always really liked them. I have heard about them getting a little territorial but never have experienced it. LAter Ryan