Hello from Hillsboro

DavidK

Hey all, found out about pnwmas via a facebook post from Paradise Corals and after talking to Bret decided to join about a month ago and then forgot I joined. Good to see that most the shops I frequent are sponsors on here.

My grandmother used to breed freshwater fish so I have always had a tank as long as I can remember. I decided to make the jump to marine life a few years ago after we remodeled our living room and my 125 gallon cichlid tank no longer fit. I replaced it with a 60 gallon cube which I have been running as a mixed reef. I also had a 40 gallon breeder I recently setup in my sons playroom. My wife bought me a reefer 350 for my birthday in October with the stipulation that i consolidate tanks since maintaining 2 marine tanks took a lot of time in addition to the 3 freshwater tanks we have. So i have since broken down both tanks and have transferred over the livestock and rehomed a few.

I realized I usually only take full tank shots when i first setup tanks and don't take many after that because they always are washed but I will try to stop being lazy and blow the dust off my dslr and take some progress pics with this tank. Attached is a pic of the 60 gallon being drained and the 350 being put in its place. I am still waiting on a few plumbing pieces to get here to hard plumb the return but once i get it 100% setup I will try to post some updated pics.

20171017_104854.jpg

20171011_172501.jpg

20171018_113006.jpg

• Like 5

Hey all, found out about pnwmas via a facebook post from Paradise Corals and after talking to Bret decided to join about a month ago and then forgot I joined. Good to see that most the shops I frequent are sponsors on here.
My grandmother used to breed freshwater fish so I have always had a tank as long as I can remember. I decided to make the jump to marine life a few years ago after we remodeled our living room and my 125 gallon cichlid tank no longer fit. I replaced it with a 60 gallon cube which I have been running as a mixed reef. I also had a 40 gallon breeder I recently setup in my sons playroom. My wife bought me a reefer 350 for my birthday in October with the stipulation that i consolidate tanks since maintaining 2 marine tanks took a lot of time in addition to the 3 freshwater tanks we have. So i have since broken down both tanks and have transferred over the livestock and rehomed a few.
I realized I usually only take full tank shots when i first setup tanks and don't take many after that because they always are washed but I will try to stop being lazy and blow the dust off my dslr and take some progress pics with this tank. Attached is a pic of the 60 gallon being drained and the 350 being put in its place. I am still waiting on a few plumbing pieces to get here to hard plumb the return but once i get it 100% setup I will try to post some updated pics.

20171017_104854.thumb.jpg.3c40316cafe0c04a8646dc79d0bc1d99.jpg
20171011_172501.thumb.jpg.41576bdb61a2fb6d276fdca90f17cf2f.jpg
20171018_113006.thumb.jpg.900674decb4edafbd75bb27868a67e99.jpg
Welcome to the club! The reefer 350 is an awesome tank I've been eyeing that for a while now. Congrats on the killer tank and break out that dslr!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome!  Nice looking tank and it fits really well in that space - congratulations!  Look forward to seeing this progress.  As you noticed, many of the LFS around here have been very strong sponsors of the club and go out of their way to help us out so glad to hear you have already discovered some of them.  We often do a road trip meeting during the year when we visit several of the local stores so you might enjoy that - keep an eye out for the meeting announcements.  

On 12/6/2017 at 9:38 AM, Manny Tavan said:

Wow that 350 looks nice. Went with the 170 but kinda wished i had gotten one bigger. 

I was debating on the 350 and the 425xl. I went with the 350 because I figured the shorter depth would make maintenance easier but after setting it up I feel the 425 would have been fine.  

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I was sick all last week.....the joy of having a toddler in daycare :sad:  so I haven't made much progress. I got around to setting up the dosing pumps and received all my plumbing parts. I drilled out bulk heads in the stock ATO to turn it into a fuge and setup the kessil a80. Just need some time to create a manifold and hard plumb in the vectra m1. Once I get it all setup I will post some updated pics.