Fred and Ginger

Sirena

As many of you know Fred and Ginger have been such a huge part of my life. They are the reason I have my own tank, and that I have built so many relationships with many of you. I watch them when I'm sad and they make me happy. I have learned so much of their behaviors and individual traits. Tonight though I am mourning the loss of Fred. My heart is so very sad. Hey have truly been my companions. Ginger is not looking well and I am treating her and the tank so I am hopeful that she will be a survivor. I feel so silly sitting here at the counter crying but I know that this is a safe and supporting group of amazing people that get my sadness and get my grief. Thank you for your support.

Thank you kim for helping me with Fred's body....and for sitting with me while I cry [emoji177] you are a wonderful partner [emoji8].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this..............RIP Fred..............

Hey we all have critters in our life and they are all a part of our lives..............we all feel something when a tank critters goes the other way............hell even certain corals make me feel sick when I lose them.

• Like 3

I'm so sorry Sirena. This hobby sucks sometimes. You do this long enough you're going to unfortunately lose something that you love.  :teardrop: Rest In Peace Fred. It's amazing how quickly it can happen. :seahorse:

I know I give you crap about being emotional but i understand. 

• Like 1

Oh, no! :teardrop:  I'm so sorry to hear about Fred and hope you can save Ginger. Do you know what's going on in the tank?  I have meds on hand if you know what you need. Reef2reef is, by far, the best forum for help with disease issues. Give me a shout if there's something they recommend that isn't available at a nearby shop. 

I know it doesn't help your seahorses, but it might comfort you to know that Cindy Lou Sunburst is doing fantastic over here. She is queen of the tank and chases off anyone who gets too close; she likes her imaginary bubble. :happy:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

Oh, no! :teardrop:  I'm so sorry to hear about Fred and hope you can save Ginger. Do you know what's going on in the tank?  I have meds on hand if you know what you need. Reef2reef is, by far, the best forum for help with disease issues. Give me a shout if there's something they recommend that isn't available at a nearby shop. 

I know it doesn't help your seahorses, but it might comfort you to know that Cindy Lou Sunburst is doing fantastic over here. She is queen of the tank and chases off anyone who gets too close; she likes her imaginary bubble. :happy:

Not sure we thought it was flukes from the new seahorses we got. The male seahorse we got was not doing well and we fresh water dipped him twice and Sirena treated the tank with prazipro. We thought we were out of the woods. Fred was fine and eating this morning and dead when we came home. 

We did another freshwater dip on Ginger and Sirena is treating the tank with prazipro again. Ned the Barbobonius looks completely fine. 

Oh no!  I am very sorry to hear about Fred and hope that Ginger comes through OK.  I know they both mean so much to you and completely understand how crushing it can be to lose a companion - be it fish, dog, cat , bird.  They all can be such important members of the family. 

I know you will do your best to help Ginger pull through - just wish there was something we could do to help. Will be keeping our fingers crossed...

• Like 2

The seahorses we got from that batch that came so sick are now looking very good and eating. We used Furan2 for 10 days with 50% water changes every day. We have extra meds we can give you if you want to try it. On day 2 of it we could tell it was working. 

I'm so sorry :-(

• Like 2

The seahorses we got from that batch that came so sick are now looking very good and eating. We used Furan2 for 10 days with 50% water changes every day. We have extra meds we can give you if you want to try it. On day 2 of it we could tell it was working. 
I'm so sorry :-(

Oh that is good to know, thanks Naomi. We were thinking about coming out to see you guys tmrw so I may take you up on that and get specifics from you [emoji847] thank you!!!

• Like 1

Oh no!  I am very sorry to hear about Fred and hope that Ginger comes through OK.  I know they both mean so much to you and completely understand how crushing it can be to lose a companion - be it fish, dog, cat , bird.  They all can be such important members of the family. 
I know you will do your best to help Ginger pull through - just wish there was something we could do to help. Will be keeping our fingers crossed...

Thanks So much. Ginger looks a little stressed this morning but she is trying to eat So that's good. I think just the support of this amazing group is what I need. So much knowledge here and willingness to help. This is why this club rocks!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sirena said:

Oh that is good to know, thanks Naomi. We were thinking about coming out to see you guys tmrw so I may take you up on that and get specifics from you emoji847.png thank you!!!

Let us know if you want to start it sooner and we can drop it by to you. Xoxo

2 hours ago, Lexinverts said:

Sirena, those babies that I have been raising are getting big. I could find a replacement for Fred in there for you.

Andy

I was wondering how those babies were doing.  They couldn't find a better home than with Sirena if that were to work out. 

• Like 2

Thanks Naomi and Bret for the furan2. Thanks Andy for the offer of a new one and thanks Sean for offering to be a courier. All the support and help and condolences are the bright spot to this. 

I am truly proud to be a part of thos place !!

Mow feel free to hijack away and discuss Andys seahorse babies !! Very impressive Andy'

• Like 3