March Meeting Pictures!

Emerald525

Well we had a great turnout yesterday and since Badxgillen could not make a meeting I took the role as picture guy! :)

You were missed Robert you do so much for the club and I love your picture threads! This won't be as good as yours but I will do my best!

First some thanks:

Thanks to Jeff at Cuttle Fish and Coral for getting us a good deal on the Mp10s!

Thanks to Gil & Fin for helping out with the raffles and organization of this meeting!

Thanks to Sirena who always steps in where I need help and the square reader  lady to get you guys to spend more money for the club! :)

Thanks to Roy for opening up his home , for his generosity and great corals, and doing a talk on corals!

Thanks to Zoolander from Rineau marketing for donating the 25 dollar Regal gift card!

Also not meeting related but forum related. Thanks to Jeremy aka theClark for all the behind the scenes work he has been doing to get this upgraded forum more functional! He also donated a killer acrylic scraper!

Also thanks to Chief who has also been doing a lot of the IT behind the scenes !

Thanks to all the board members, officers and members too! This club is great because of all of you! :peace::clap:

• Like 4

Sirena and I got there early and I took some close up shots of Roy's tank. Roy has one small room dedicated to this tank and it is plumbed out to the garage! It's so nice if you can do that! I imagine people who don't think about this hobby don't even realize all the behind the scenes equipment it takes to run a tank of this size.

Marchmeeting1.jpgR

Roy has been doing this for over 24 years and he has an eye for coral. This Lobo was awesome.

marchmeeting2.jpg

It's nice to see a mature tank. I appreciate it after I see all the frags in my main tank right now! I heart colonies! :)

marchmeeting4.jpg

This is our newest supporting member! Nice to meet you Billandwende. (Bill is his name and his wife is Wende , he doesn't have a split personality ;)

marchmeetingbillandwende.jpg

I believe this is Saltwater Newbie looking at Roy's frag system in the garage! Lots of nice corals back there! Sorry I missed you too.

Marchmeetingfragsale.jpg

Roy had some nice corals in the garage! It was hard not to buy everything! I feel like I did! :)

Marchmeetingfragsale2.jpgMarchmeetingfragsystem.jpgMarchmeetingfragtopdown.jpg

Marchmeeting3.jpg

• Like 3

A little more eye candy from Roy's tank! :drool: Love the Rock Flower Anemone I got from you! :)

MarchmeetingRFA.jpg

As always it was fun hanging out around the main tank and frag tanks and chatting reef!

Marchmeetingroytank.jpg

There is Jeremy aka TheClark. Oh and for the record his real name is not Clark. It's a reference to the movie Vacation (google it young ones!) ;)

Thanks for all of your IT help. If the forum is down or if there is a problem, I have Jeremy on speed dial and he is on it!:comp:

Marchmeetingtheclark.jpg

Sirena in pure coral hunter mode. She gets this look in her eye! Watch out! :) Thanks again for all of your help! :)

sirenaandroy.jpg

And Holly was able to snag my camera and caught a picture of me! I'm either excited about my new CB Rainbow Infusion Zoa or Jeremy's urine.. you decide...:unsure:

Marchmeetingzoa.jpg

• Like 4

Roy did a quick talk with some quick tips about shipping coral! He talked about how transship can really save you money! Danyell works at USPS and also had some good tips about shipping.

For boxes and Styrofoam: Uline is a good way to go!

For routine shipping Roy uses FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Shipping overnight can be expensive. You get a better deal the more you ship so possibly getting a group account may save you some money. 

Here are some new members from left to right

Shawn , Mark (I hope that's your name..:) I talked quite a bit with you!)

Then there's Jordan and sorry didn't catch the last guy! Maybe you can chime in here and tell me your name! :)

marchmeetingpresentation.jpg

Lots of interest in the talk about shipping corals! The more you can ship the more you can sale and the more you can buy!

That's Jeremevans third from the right (Another new "old" member) Nice to meet you your wife and your new baby! Congrats!

marchmeetingpresentation2.jpg

Billandwende again and Rbeyer and his better half Dbyer! Thanks for the USPS tips!

marchmeetingRbeyer.jpgMarchmeetingRobandJordan.jpg

And here is Roy himself aka Stylaster! He's either giving a talk and saying that he likes to use urine specimen cups for shipping zoas or he's getting a random drug test.

(Disclaimer.. Roy is NOT, I repeat NOT giving a random drug test for all you literal people.. I'm 100% joking! ):joking:

MarchmeetingRoyurinesample.jpg

Raffle time! Who won the MP10s! I bet everyone is wondering!

Sirena did a great job selling tickets and had her square reader handy!  Thanks again for stepping in and helping!

MarchmeetingSirenasales.jpg

A few happy Golden Basket winners! We are doing a tour of his store for the next meeting So keep posted! Thanks Rudy for all the support over the years!

MarchmeetingGoldenbasketroy.jpg

MarchmeetingHollygoldenbasket.jpg

Holly was very lucky this time! She also won a Molokos gift certificate. Rbeyer and Dbeyer also came out winners of one! This is  great little bar with lots of big tanks and it is located in NE Portland just down the road from the former Cuttle Fish and Coral store!

marchmeetinghollymoloko.jpg

Marchmeetingmolokos.jpg

Did I mention that Holly aka Gil&Fin cleaned up? She also won this very cool acrylic scraper donated by TheClark. If you have an acrylic tank I highly recommend these as they don't scratch and work well for scraping off that annoying coralline! Hit up TheClark if you want one!

MarchmeetingScraper.jpg

Zoolander donated a 25 dollar gift certificate from his company rineau marketing! It seems the more you give the more you get. He told me "HE NEVER WINS" before he bought some tickets and guess what....

He won a gift certificate to Ocean In a Box!

MarchmeetingOIABwinner.jpg

But more importantly... guess who won one of the MP10QDS! :clap:I wanted that so badly too! I put in a ton of tickets LOL!!

The other winner was someone local that Roy knew.. didn't catch his name. Just goes to show if you go to our meeting you can buy 20 dollars of tickets and come out with some amazing  prizes

Marchmeetingmp10!.jpgMarchmeetingmp102.jpg

• Like 2

And finally a few more just random shots of members!

Jim aka Gumby and Kknight. Jim maintains a Tank for Teacher tank at Boys and Girls Club in Vancouver. Way way in the back is Zondebak on the left!

Thanks Jim for the trades! I love them all! I hope to see your system one day!

MarchmeetingJimandKaren.jpg

This Mark Brikell. He's not a forum member and came all the way from Seattle! Nice talking to you but you probably won't see this! :)

MarchmeetingMarkBrikell.jpg

This is Shawn from Ragnaroks! A future sponsor! Nice meeting you!

Marchmeetingragnaroks.jpg

I disappeared for a while. I walked Holly out to the car and ended up having an impromptu meeting in the parking lot LOL! It was sunny and I had forgotten what sun was! Sorry all of you who were looking for me... :)

Had a long talk with Mark and Jordan ! It was nice meeting you both! Small world.. Jordan actually has been to my house because he helped load a bunch of coral and live rock that I donated to Hatfield years ago.

Marchmeetingoutdoor.jpgmarchmeetingoutdoor2.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for filling in with the camera Kim. - nice job!  Great to see everyone and finally see Roy's fantastic setup!  Was hoping to see the elusive CB rainbows but they were all packed up by the time I got there.  Doesn't pay to be late!  Still managed to come away with some nice SPS frags from Roy's tank so I got to bring a bit of it home with me.  Colors look fantastic so keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe in 10 years or so I'll have some colonies like his. 

Thanks for all the work settings things up Kim, Holly, Sirena and Roy. Had a wonderful time. 

• Like 4

Roy did a quick talk with some quick tips about shipping coral! He talked about how transship can really save you money! Danyell works at USPS and also had some good tips about shipping.
For boxes and Styrofoam: Uline is a good way to go!
For routine shipping Roy uses FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Shipping overnight can be expensive. You get a better deal the more you ship so possibly getting a group account may save you some money. 

Here are some new members from left to right
Shawn , Mark (I hope that's your name..:) I talked quite a bit with you!)
Then there's Jordan and sorry didn't catch the last guy! Maybe you can chime in here and tell me your name! [emoji4]
marchmeetingpresentation.jpg.82920c890cb4dab985c80fed9cee9ea5.jpg

Lots of interest in the talk about shipping corals! The more you can ship the more you can sale and the more you can buy!
That's Jeremevans third from the right (Another new "old" member) Nice to meet you your wife and your new baby! Congrats!
marchmeetingpresentation2.jpg.dc55a1a9f17af72633d24045abba6dd2.jpg

Billandwende again and Rbeyer and his better half Dbyer! Thanks for the USPS tips!
marchmeetingRbeyer.thumb.jpg.18ed43891f21e238978a112ff45ac786.jpgMarchmeetingRobandJordan.jpg.1949ed8a8d6e5618baedbef06a39b7a8.jpg

And here is Roy himself aka Stylaster! He's either giving a talk and saying that he likes to use urine specimen cups for shipping zoas or he's getting a random drug test.
(Disclaimer.. Roy is NOT, I repeat NOT giving a random drug test for all you literal people.. I'm 100% joking! ):joking:

MarchmeetingRoyurinesample.jpg.df962e56b834ae11d5a2498510526efb.jpg

The mysterious guy with the hat and the end of the lineup is me! Trevor.

Sorry, didn't introduce myself to you. Thanks for the great meeting followup. Had a really good time and really appreciative of Roy being so generous and having us all over. His tank and set up is KILLER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Willapa said:

The mysterious guy with the hat and the end of the lineup is me! Trevor.

Sorry, didn't introduce myself to you. Thanks for the great meeting followup. Had a really good time and really appreciative of Roy being so generous and having us all over. His tank and set up is KILLER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for chiming in! Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk much to you Trevor! Welcome and yes Roys set up is incredible !

• Like 1

Fun meeting, lots of cool corals, lots of like minded people to chat up about reefing.  

A great chance to see a mature established and successful system.  Roy is a huge part of why I have the reef bug bad and consider myself lucky to be able to ask him questions and learn from a master.

Oh, and here is another great thing about these meetings.  Seems like the non reefers in our life get a little tired of reef talk.  This crowd?  You could go on for days :D

Lots-o-fun

• Like 4