August POTM - Favorite Colony

softy

The rules are pretty simple!

• One photo entry per person

• Pic has to be taken by YOU

• Must be in by the posted deadline

• Must follow subject guidelines for the month

Winners will be determined based on voting poll results after submission deadline.   

This months subject:

Favorite Colony

Show me a pic of your favorite colony O' coral.  I want to see some matured corals with great growth!

Deadline:

August 31st, 2016  @ 10pm  PST

Voting will start on September 1st and run for 2 weeks.  Winner is determined by PNWMAS members and visitors via voting poll.

GL

Here is my hammer/frogspawn colony :) both started from frags about a year and a half ago.

Edit: I realize there are two colony's in this picture so if that's not allowed, let me know and I'll swap out the picture for a different one :)b45a412b48414ea796b375e3c2246c02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paratore
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a colony of Acropora humilis that I grew out from a wild collected frag from The Premium Aquarium in Salem. The thing has branches as thick as my thumb and has morphed into a nice day-glo green with purple highlights. I call it the "Giant Green Slimer." That is a large Florida Fighting Conch next to it for scale.

IMG_3476_zps1ruyox7y.jpg

• Like 3

This is a colony of Acropora humilis that I grew out from a wild collected frag from The Premium Aquarium in Salem. The thing has branches as thick as my thumb and has morphed into a nice day-glo green with purple highlights. I call it the "Giant Green Slimer." That is a large Florida Fighting Conch next to it for scale.

IMG_3476_zps1ruyox7y.jpg

Hulk Angry.

• Like 1