Another Calcium reactor question

long story short I have my calcium reactor solenoid controlled through a pinpoint controller. My alk and calcium have stayed right where i want them for the past week with how its tuned. My question is, a lot of people say that their co2 rarely ever shuts down, the way i have mine setup, it turns off about once an hour. With the regulator i have, i cant get the bubble count slow enough to hold the ph in the reactor steady between 6.5 and 6.7. It fluctuates causing the solenoid to turn on and off.

With it setup like this my alk has stayed right at 8.4 and calcium at 450

every time i test they are both right at the same level. I tested every day for over a week.

The ph level in my tank is 7.89 each time i test it as well.

Should i leave it alone? Buy a different regulator to allow for a more fine tune adjustment?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I would leave it your tank ph will always be a little low when running a calcium reactor.

Exactly, my tank varies 7.65-7.95 in winter yo 7.85-8.1 sometimes as high as 8.2 in the summer with doors open. In my experiance don't worry about CO2 scrubbers, dripping kalk or anything else to get to that magical 8.3 that you'll never see again lol.

Your corals will be just fine

My tank as I type is 7.83 according to APEX

• Like 2

I read that one and one if its the one from reefkeeping magazine. from melvs reef as well. I have the effluent ph correct so far, and my levels are stable, i was more worried about the solenoid clicking on and off, and then the tank ph. Ill probably go back and read em again lol.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Once per hour is very good, you have your needle valve tuned well.  

Some guys have it go off / on every few seconds which is ok too but you are relying solely on the solenoid at that point and putting allot of wear on it.

Mine is about every half hour or so.

Make sure your apex is alerting you if the effluent PH drops, you will never get surprised by an out of CO2 event that way or a stuck closed solenoid.

• Like 1