Anyone else catch the news with BRS?

Yup Shipping has gotten a Lot better! I think i paid 3.99 for 3 day shipping on a 20lb box last week. Not to mention if your a preferred reefer you make "Allot" of points!  I used $45 worth of points, not to mention they threw in some free stuff :) They have my business for all hardware, no offense to the stores but the 20%-70% markup is more than I'm willing to pay

Free shipping is just made up in the cost of the items guys. (We do free shipping too...so we know)

Regardless Price is still better than markup of local stores, I have used the Free shipping several times, If I order on a Monday it will be here Friday, and they always do a great job of packaging.

• Like 2

While I'm always for saving funds when I can, words can't express the appreciation I have for every LFS that I've ever set foot in to gaze, dream, and expand my knowledge and experience! I never want to be excessively overcharged but supporting the guys and gals who get up every day, do water changes, deal with lost livestock, shrinking profits, unreasonable customers, and order supplies so I can have them right NOW if I'm in a crisis deserve to be supported first and foremost in my opinion. Business ownership is no piece of cake and they most likely serve us out of a love of all things reefy, and  I for one never feel bad about supporting them anytime I can even if that means I have to pay a bit more. So here's my shout out to all the local stores! Thanks for being there whether we're looking, buying or in a CRISIS! Ya'll ROCK!

Edited by afautheree
  • Like 3

Free shipping is just made up in the cost of the items guys. (We do free shipping too...so we know)

Makes a difference if you need to make a return or get a refund on DOA livestock with a company. Shipping charges are very rarely refundable, so better to spend $25 on an item with free shipping than $20 on the same item with a $5 shipping charge. 

• Like 1

Makes a difference if you need to make a return or get a refund on DOA livestock with a company. Shipping charges are very rarely refundable, so better to spend $25 on an item with free shipping than $20 on the same item with a $5 shipping charge. 

The standard policy is to refund about 85-95% on free shipping. If there's a refund/return and they refund the shipping back, that's very nice of them, cause that money out of the retailers pocket, for more than likely misuse, or a change of mind on the customers end. Add that up over a year, with how many people do this, it adds up quick. It's becoming a unfortunate thing that the hobbyist expect from big discounter companies like Amazon, all the while, forcing smaller businesses to shut down.

Edited by Trigger334

The standard policy is to refund about 85-95% on free shipping. If there's a refund/return and they refund the shipping back, that's very nice of them, cause that money out of the retailers pocket, for more than likely misuse, or a change of mind on the customers end. Add that up over a year, with how many people do this, it adds up quick. It's becoming a unfortunate thing that the hobbyist expect from big discounter companies like Amazon, all the while, forcing smaller businesses to shut down.

Of course, a wishy-washy customer costs the company money in that case, and it stinks. To abuse the system, a customer would still have to pay to ship their items back; it hardly seems worth it, although I'm sure it happens. DOA livestock (from companies who sell it; I know BRS doesn't) is more relevant to me personally, since I've had it happen, and it's something I'm not willing to take a shipping loss on. Naturally, I like the least amount of risk on me. 

I believe BRS refunds 100% on unused, unopened items. Unless you meant yourself on the 85-95%? I could be misunderstanding what you're saying. I misspoke. Checked the BRS website, and yes, their shipping cost is typically deducted from the refund. Nothing unfair about that; it's just different than what I thought. 

Edited by Flashy Fins
  • Like 1