Sad, sad day

kriswaters

(sad) My family lost our 13 year old female lab today. I know this is off topic, but just wanted to share with my fishy community. She was with us from 8 weeks on. Lacey will be dearly missed.

I put together a little something...not much, but help me rejoice in her life, and feel sorrow in her death.

Kris

(Speakers on please)

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w163/kwaters_photos/Lacey%20Dog/?action=view&current=39e7a859.pbr

Sorry to here about your loss(sad) I am not looking forward to the day are dog passes. If you think about it you always get mad at the mess they make and the shoes they eat and the hair they leave. But who is always there for you looking up at you and wagging there tail when you walk in the door. I like my fish but they do not chase me around the yard and get excited when it is time to go for a drive or a walk.

I am really sorry for your loss. A few years back my family lost a Welsh Corgey named Haley. She was my first dog and was a wonderful one. she sufficated in a Dorritos bag. At least she died doing what she liked best. Eating. She cleaned the whole thing out(it was just opened and was one of those costco bags) and was searching for more when she realized she couldn't get back out. She just had too short of legs. Bless hers little heart.

Garrett

I've lost 2 good friends over the last few yrs, always hard. A human friend sent me the following, thinking it may help after the loss of my first. A happy & sad tear comes whenever I read it, and I read it often, hopefully you get the same feeling:

A Dog's Prayer, by Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest - and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

James

Kris,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. That is the hardest thing about being a dog owner - knowing that you eventually will loose them. Whenever it has happened to me it always leaves a huge void. I guess that is the price we have to pay for the joy and companionship they add to our lives while they are here...

Best of luck. I hope you find a new companion when you are ready.

Sean

You all are so wonderful for you kind words. Thank you so much. ACRYLICS...thank you for the quote. It immulated everything I have done for all of my dogs...

A little history...Lacey came to us in 1994. She had a litter of 11 puppies in 98'. We kept one of them, Tucker. He is 9 now, and still going strong. Raider is 3...he was the spur of the moment purchase...and now one of my dearest "babies".

For 9 years I had two black labs, for 3 years I had three...now I am back to two. I know Lacey is in a better place...free of the pain that she hid so well from us...she died in our arms. We were with her in her darkest hours and final minutes...she lays to rest now next to a stream she loved to play in.

Thanks again for you support.

Kris