I dont use a tooth brush what do you use.

StayPuff

I bet that topic had you all curious :)

Forget the toothbrush for cleaning anyone else use this?  I wish i could show before and after of all the algae on my glass .. 5 mins on the glass and cleaning power heads and bam its done looking brand new. Not a fan of the tooth  brushes little parts of them falling off in the tank.  Anyhow thought i share what i use just got 2 more in from ebay 1 for back up but they last me about year year when i used them before.  now bad tool to have for 10 bucks and this bad boy will clean everything!!

20160107_164820_resized.jpg

20160107_164854_resized.jpg

It will get in every little crack and all as well

Edited by StayPuff

Interesting, whats your tank life think of it as it's running? Any issues with sound stress?

Nope I have used this for many years.  there are a couple videos out there but I used way long than these videos coming out you can utube it.  I showed a guy a few years ago about this and I think he made the fist utube using it.  many people use it. Myself I think I switched to this when they first made the darn things.

It is a big unit long and very durable and strong made you can drop it on the concrete don't do it but I have.   I have had 0 issues with using this I clean off my valves some rocks and glass whatever and I do it every 4 days so I don't let it get to bad and I actually just did it as well before coming here :)

So after I use this I wait a hour test everything and to be honest the RBTA opens up like the 4th of July .

This unit is very very durable in the tank you don't have to scrub nothing it does it for you way better than a electric tooth brush.

Even if you pull this out of your tank and want to use to clean things power heads whatever TOSS your tooth brush in the garbage this will have it brand new.

I'm not getting paid for the free advertisement LOL  But I'm just giving you my reviews and what I have used now its up to you all to use at your own caution..

I personally love this guy one of my favorite tools in all my tricks and tips personally :)

Edited by StayPuff
  • Like 1

Cool idea thanks!

Love the application of every day items to reefing.

For sure and anything we can do as a group to help the next guy in any way we can is a bonus I love ideas and also love to test things :)

I have 2 of these at all times I have one not opened yet either.

For 10 bucks I buy 2 of them and last me 2 years I just toss one of them after a year just because the brush wears down in time.. shortest time I tossed one was 7 months.  But again I use every 3 to 5 days to touch up things takes me less than 5 minutes to zip through this 10 gallon tank.

Brilliant!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thank you I'm testing couple other things I just thought of but before I post I need to test more. Sharing ideas tips and tricks will help us all work in this hobby in a great easier way so its great to share ideas.

I can't wait to try this on corners !

Put your toothbrush in the garbage you will love this :)

BTW I mention I have 2 what I mean is I have 2 I use for my tank only one will be stored until I need it.  I keep a spare for the house cleaning sinks whatever lol this thing does magic :)

Edited by StayPuff

Ordered one, will report back.

It looks like the only thing you need to replace are the heads, which are 4 bucks or so if you buy 3.  Nothing with the name 'reef' on it is that inexpensive, love the application of commodity items to our hobby :)

Thanks again

Ordered one, will report back.

It looks like the only thing you need to replace are the heads, which are 4 bucks or so if you buy 3.  Nothing with the name 'reef' on it is that inexpensive, love the application of commodity items to our hobby :)

Thanks again

I think you will love this.  Take it easy test it out :) Like I said I just did my whole 100 gallon tank zipping through it in 5 minutes.

One thing when you get into the holes of the cracks make sure no fish are in there :)

This is if you plan to run across any rocks which I do I do the glass rocks powerhead. After a month I take the power head off clean it anyway quickly like brand new :)

Enjoy I'm like you anything that we can use for everyday use for a expensive hobby then do it if it works :)

This works for me that's all I can say with 0 problems

EDIT

I wanted to say as I mentioned I love this tool it is one of my most used things in reefing.

I would pay 20 bucks all day for this when you get it and put it in your hands you will know its a beats of a great tool.

Edited by StayPuff

• 3 weeks later...

I did buy one off amazon, they are $9 shipped 2 day prime, so it's a cheap tool!

Here's my pros/cons

Pros:

-Great for hard to reach areas and need a quick scrub.

-good at cleaning out scratches in glass tanks that get algae growth, these usually don't come up with algae mags and are difficult even with razor blades.

-unit appears to be staying sealed fine with oring in battery compartment.

Cons:

-Hard to clean larger areas, is definitely more of a spot or hard to reach cleaner, may help with the 1" head they sell vs 1/2" they come with. I still use my mag cleaner for getting a majority of the work done

- not the best at coralline, does ok but needs a lot of scrubbing. Razor blades work best for this IMO

- kinda loud, scares the fish LOL

Overall I think it's a great tool to add to the cleaning arsenal especially for the price.

One promising thing I'm experimenting with that would put this tool over the top for all reefers is for majano/aptaisa removal. I have a ton of majanos that I can never seem to get rid of due to their location. I took this and scrubbed on them, which is amazing. What happens is if you keep scrubbing on them and it obliterates their whole top half. I am hoping that they will die off from this due to inability to feed. Some of them that o scrubbed on are reduced to a little blob, so I'm keeping an eye on them to see if they come back or not. Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

I did buy one off amazon, they are $9 shipped 2 day prime, so it's a cheap tool!

Here's my pros/cons

Pros:

-Great for hard to reach areas and need a quick scrub.

-good at cleaning out scratches in glass tanks that get algae growth, these usually don't come up with algae mags and are difficult even with razor blades.

-unit appears to be staying sealed fine with oring in battery compartment.

Cons:

-Hard to clean larger areas, is definitely more of a spot or hard to reach cleaner, may help with the 1" head they sell vs 1/2" they come with. I still use my mag cleaner for getting a majority of the work done

- not the best at coralline, does ok but needs a lot of scrubbing. Razor blades work best for this IMO

- kinda loud, scares the fish LOL

Overall I think it's a great tool to add to the cleaning arsenal especially for the price.

One promising thing I'm experimenting with that would put this tool over the top for all reefers is for majano/aptaisa removal. I have a ton of majanos that I can never seem to get rid of due to their location. I took this and scrubbed on them, which is amazing. What happens is if you keep scrubbing on them and it obliterates their whole top half. I am hoping that they will die off from this due to inability to feed. Some of them that o scrubbed on are reduced to a little blob, so I'm keeping an eye on them to see if they come back or not. Fingers crossed!

Sweet write up thank you for sharing.

Also I do have both heads for this as well now so if you do get the other head you will be able to do a little more so thanks for pointing that out.

Wonderful tool for the price and I would say grab the other head with it to.

One of these units seems to last me about a year then I just toss it because there so cheap and I have mine in the water once a week.