WTB Temp controller

Jorge

I've given up on those and go with these bad boys now:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=25673&cmpid=07cseYY&ref=XXXX&subref=AA%26catargetid=530005150000154213%26cadevice=c%3Fref=6111%26cmpid=07csegb&gclid=Cj0KEQiAyIayBRDo4vjdqJrgxZ0BEiQAhOYCYOZ4n353nUeBrXRtQIO4xuQEIe9R5I_e7mwGf7qooLwaAj5k8P8HAQ

You'd probably need two of the 200W ones for your system.

Finnex titanium ones keep failing on me.

Edited by Lexinverts

Those are nice. I would still like a controller for back up. Maybe I'll just add a space heater to area instead. My tank temp dropped to 75 last night with an 800 and a 200 heater already going. I know it's only gonna get colder. Sucks!

Have you seen the scary reviews on those????

The 200 and 150 watt models seem to blow up. Not really sure why but there are plenty of articles on them. I was looking at them also and then found the reviews.

The titanium finnex blow up??

I'm running cobalt aquatics glass version with a Johnson controls A419 temperature controller. I ran a Won bros titanium for about 10 years previously with no issue with no controller but the one it came with. Ranco and Johnson controls are both commercial grade controllers used widely in all sorts of industries, so I'd recommend one of them with ebo jaeger heaters if you've got room. They were too long for my sump, so that's why I don't run one

No the neotherms.

I am searching for a heater also and can not find what I am after. Need a compact one that is 200 watts or so.

Dangit! Why are they BRS recommended, then? I'm hoping that they fixed the issue.

Edit: I see they have good reviews at Marine Depot, though. I'm guessing (hoping) they fixed it.

Edited by Lexinverts