Montipora colony group frag swap

Mandinga

Here is the concept:

Bring your rare/unique/colorful Montipora to the swapping table. We are looking for 5-8 participants.

Each participant must frag a colony to make 5-8 individual frags. Then, we will all meet at an upcoming meeting and do a 5-8 person frag swap. Each person involved will get 5-8 different frags.

Since I am the starter, I get to be picky about the corals being traded:) please post or pm me what you want to trade.

WE ARE LOOKING for unique/rare montis...so please don't get upset if an orange cap doesn't get you in.

1. Mandinga -peach Diablo, or pokerstar, or true undata

2.Jadams - rainbow monti or green/purple cap

3. TPA - Chili Pepper, Setosa, or Seasons Greetings

4. Fishboys Morningstar montipora

Here are my possible colonies to frag:

d3cd86275ceba7f99be295bfe1da27d9.jpg

Or

da5920f456f658d58e9f82691e2f2168.jpg

Edited by Mandinga
  • Like 2

Clark, We did this before, and it worked well. Instant collections. great way to get that collection going again :p

That's awesome!  I had some good ones, even some dinner plate sized colonies, some saucer sized :)  Not much left now but next time around I will be in!

Thats the problem, I have many montis but not that you guys don't already have, and the ones I do have that you may not are still growing. But still a great thing to do I just don't know if I have anything to offer.

That OSU Cap is pretty tempting though, I haven't seen any for a while.

I would get in on this, But thanks to a few of you awesome individuals, I have everything you guys have posted so far lol

I have wondered what qualifies as rare nowadays, I wanted to say the same thing as cerk but didn't want to sound rude. Infact it would not suprise me if issac already has the montis we have, or should we Just list what is already not listed like a white polyped foliosa?

It doesn't have to be rare, just desirable:) truth is I already have most listed montis here, but i was hoping this will help some people get their collections started, or re-started. White polyp foliosa would be nice to add...I actually don't have that one.

• Like 1

Just a though, might make things more complicated, but since some people have more the one option to offer you may make each personable to chose what frag they get from each other instead of one person bringing all the same thing. That would help get more pieces in the swap that others dont have.