Frustrated with new site

Emerald525

I asked my question multiple times in this thread and did not get a response. I cannot send or receive pms because this is part of my problem. I find the new upgrade not intuitive and very difficult to navigate.The thread was then closed so I am posting my question again.

I really do not want to spend hours trying to empty my inbox if there is an easy way to clear it out or if there is going to be another upgrade that is again going to put all of these emails back in my inbox.

Also a tutorial on the new changes would be most helpful as there seems to be some major differences and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is not very computer savvy.

Again I would send a pm but I am unable to as there are 500+ emails in my inbox dating back to when I first started and it took me about an hour to try to empty some of them already.

Thanks again in advance for any help.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forum/main-category/general-discussion/558194-site-bugs-help-me-squash-em

We are looking at another software update, but I do not know if that update will include being able to batch delete PM's.

As for now to delete the PM's from my experience thus far you would have to go through them individually.

Sorry wish I had a different answer for you. A couple other members were in the same boat as well and had to spend the time. Not fun at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The PM thing is definitely a bit more complicated than before. I hope the software update makes it easier to keep the PM system easy to navigate and clean. On the mobile end, there are still quite a few giltches that I have seen on various mobile devices. Most people I think are just going to their web browser to visit the site. Tapatalk is an option but many don't like the format.

The site has definitely taken some getting used to. I miss the old layout but I do love some of the new features. I also miss some of the old features. Multiple thread quotes, easy PM system, recent thread viewing(mostly not an issue anymore with some of the tweaks Micah has done)

I am not having a problem sending Pms?

You can't send or receive pm cuz your box is full? And you don't want to go throw them cuz it takes to long?

When the upgrade was done messages that I deleted from 2010 ended up back in my sent folder. I have to individually click and scroll through pages and then go through the trash folder and do it all again.

I don't know how to do multiple quotes either or I would have.

I'm not trying to be negative at all just looking for answers. I know other people are frustrated too and the amount of activity has gone down on this site. The format was such a dramatic change that it is difficult to navigate and confusing. It is also slow and things do not always load correctly for me now. FOr example whatever picture Garrett has in his signature above is just a red x for me.

A tutorial wouuld be helpful. Like Garrett said accessing it from the phone does not work well. Trying to access it just using the browser doesn't work well either the site is sluggish and difficult to see things.

I understand that some changes needed to occur but I feel like the upgrade was so drastically different that a tutorial would be helpful.

Also what is in the works? Are there going to be improvements so that forum runner works again? Improvements with tapatalk?

ALso I don't want to go through and delete all the messages if another upgrade is going to happen and they are going to end up back in my inbox.

Thanks again for your help.

I do like the chat feature.

Kim, for what its worth, the red x in Garrets signature is part of the link to his website I believe. It shows up as a little box with a generic icon in chrome and doesn't show up at all in Firefox, and shows as a black box with a white x inside with a black border in Explorer. I'm pretty sure its just how the different browsers interpret the link.

I feel sorry for the admins of the sites of hobbies you are ACTUALLY INVOLVED IN. :)

MIcah what does that mean because it sounds insulting. I was starting to wonder if in the last thread I was purposely being ignored but I was giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and they were just missing my responses because the site is slow and difficult to navigate.

I am involved in the hobby. Not having a tank does not mean that I do not have anything to contribute or do not have experience or anything to offer. It just means that I don't have the time in my life right now.

I really am not trying to stir things up. I'm not the only one who is having difficulty with the new upgrade. I am only looking for help here and like I said, I can't use my inbox right now.

For example it took several minutes for me to even post this response.

I really am not trying to stir things up. I'm not the only one who is having difficulty with the new upgrade. I am only looking for help here and like I said, I can't use my inbox right now.

Kim - you may want to view the thread "Big change... again" that Micah just posted today. I think that will answer your questions.

New site is boo boo . Lmfao off to reef central less crying anyways ...

You realize you just cried.. yes?

MIcah what does that mean because it sounds insulting. I was starting to wonder if in the last thread I was purposely being ignored but I was giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and they were just missing my responses because the site is slow and difficult to navigate.

I am involved in the hobby. Not having a tank does not mean that I do not have anything to contribute. It just means that I don't have the time in my life right now.

You saw the smiley face yes? I was saying it in jest. Just trying to lighten the mood.

Honestly, the reason I haven't spent too much time fixing issues with this site is because in it's basic function and form, it's working. Limping along, but working. On a daily (and sometimes more) basis I have to make tweaks to keep this site running... I tried to limit the amount of time I spent on this. I spent my time, instead, to find a permanent solution that we can all lean on and feel confident with. Also, I haven't communicated this outside of the executive branch of PNWMAS because I needed to make sure valid options were being considered. False hope, in my opinion, is even more damaging than no hope.

Thanks for sticking around though. Considering the amount of neglect our database was in, we're actually doing pretty amazing.

Honestly, the reason I haven't spent too much time fixing issues with this site is because it's working. Limping along On a daily (and sometimes more) I have to keep this site running... I tried to limit the permanent solution that we have because I needed to make sure my opinion, is even more damaging.

Thanks for the amount of neglect we're actually pretty amazing.

Editted to be taken out of context-

I sort of miss this place in a twisted way of course.

Thanks again for the work Micah, you may want to reconsider the new platform, Im sure if it works as well as it reads I'll be back posting_everyone has been fairly warned.

Was that off topic-Sorry Kim(puke)

I don't know how to do multiple quotes either or I would have.

You can still make multiple quotes with this software. You just have to type the code in.

The code is the word quote wrapped in "[ ]" then at the end of the quote, the word quote with a slash /quote , wrapped in the same " [ ] "

I do like the chat feature.

I'm glad, I was wondering if anyone was using it.

For example it took several minutes for me to even post this response.

That is very odd. What part is lagging for you in typing the response? That part has not affected me at all. The site actually runs fine on my computer, it's just not as good on taptalk as it used to be.

Actually... If you click quote on all of the posts you want to quote, then scroll up to the top and then click "post", the post will have a (2) next to it with the appropriate number in it. That will quote all of the messages you have clicked... No clue why the reply at the bottom doesn't act the same. Software bug.

That is very odd. What part is lagging for you in typing the response? That part has not affected me at all. The site actually runs fine on my computer, it's just not as good on taptalk as it used to be.

You'll be happy to know that tapatalk is fully supported on IPB (the next software). I have confirmed this with both tapatalk AND Invision Power.. In fact, tapatalk took it a step further to even call me on the phone... (Who talks on the phone anymore?!) They said "Invision is one of the companies we deal the most with. Xenforo and Inivision are the leaders in the forum world nowadays and we do our best to be fully supported by the leaders.". Explains why vBulletin may not be fully supported anymore. :)

Ok gotta put 2 cents in... New site no bueno.. Been watching the traffick levels an its so far below prev. Site levels now.. Its almost as if 3/4 of the browsers have bailed... The fb. Is is where peeps are starting to post

To be fair, the "who's online" feature has been broken.... Click Here

So, you're "traffick" data may be inaccurate. :)

even without knowing the data I can't for sure tell you this site is not half as busy as before. the new post is way down, people's excitement is down and overall it feels like a far cry from years ago. I don't see older members or sponsors posting. a ton of regular posters are gone now. all the controversy that's been surrounding the site has scared people away I think.

the way to repair the glory of pnwmas is through the people, not fixing or changing the dynamics of the old site, which I understand is an issue but a small one the grand scale.

even without knowing the data I can't for sure tell you this site is not half as busy as before. the new post is way down, people's excitement is down and overall it feels like a far cry from years ago. I don't see older members or sponsors posting. a ton of regular posters are gone now. all the controversy that's been surrounding the site has scared people away I think.

the way to repair the glory of pnwmas is through the people, not fixing or changing the dynamics of the old site, which I understand is an issue but a small one the grand scale.

Kris...... when you talk, you hear yourself, right? I mean.... you understand that the words you say make almost no sense and that everybody sees this, right?

The "data", as I pointed out prior to your response, was incorrect... so, seeing it wouldn't matter. You are correct in that it isn't as busy as before. However, the site before wasn't configured correctly either, so...... the "data" before wouldn't be accurate either.

The participation of the community is down. I agree with you on this. And that the cure to the problem is to enable the community. Really, the cure to the "problem" is to let it heal organically. Rules, government, and legislature will not fix this. The community will fix itself if given a forum (the meaning of the word) it can participate in. This is the reason I'm here and the reason I'm passionate at all about administering this site. If I thought PNWMAS could solve problems with a method outside of enablement, you wouldn't know me. If you think I am a negative force in this hobby/forum/site/club whatever, please let me know. I'd love to know.

Kris...... when you talk, you hear yourself, right? I mean.... you understand that the words you say make almost no sense and that everybody sees this, right?

The "data", as I pointed out prior to your response, was incorrect... so, seeing it wouldn't matter. You are correct in that it isn't as busy as before. However, the site before wasn't configured correctly either, so...... the "data" before wouldn't be accurate either.

The participation of the community is down. I agree with you on this. And that the cure to the problem is to enable the community. Really, the cure to the "problem" is to let it heal organically. Rules, government, and legislature will not fix this. The community will fix itself if given a forum (the meaning of the word) it can participate in. This is the reason I'm here and the reason I'm passionate at all about administering this site. If I thought PNWMAS could solve problems with a method outside of enablement, you wouldn't know me. If you think I am a negative force in this hobby/forum/site/club whatever, please let me know. I'd love to know.

I am responding to this as a paying member of this club, not as a board member.

It does not take a rocket scientist, or even a statistician to see that the traffic and participation on this site has dropped dramatically.

Do you really think that this "organic healing" that you speak of is nurtured by publicly insulting the members?

By doing this you are a negative force in this forum/site/club.

• Like 4