Calling all contractors

Blackice

Since you are filing with your home owner's anyway' date=' I would just have them pay for the tank. Then your insurance will go after Marineland if there is any grounds for it.[/quote']

There is more than just the tank involved. Because of the tank failure, there is water damage to the walls, floors, and equipment loss. Marineland is liable for the tank at minimum. Possibly even the collateral damages. It depends on how it is handled by the insurance company. The homeowners insurance could pay the claim and then go after Marineland through subrogation if Marineland doesn't come through willingly.

There is more than just the tank involved. Because of the tank failure' date=' there is water damage to the walls, floors, and equipment loss. Marineland is liable for the tank at minimum. Possibly even the collateral damages. It depends on how it is handled by the insurance company. The homeowners insurance could pay the claim and then go after Marineland through subrogation if Marineland doesn't come through willingly.[/quote']

At the moment both are trying to get out of it.(flame)(wife)

There is more than just the tank involved. Because of the tank failure' date=' there is water damage to the walls, floors, and equipment loss. Marineland is liable for the tank at minimum. Possibly even the collateral damages. It depends on how it is handled by the insurance company. The homeowners insurance could pay the claim and then go after Marineland through subrogation if Marineland doesn't come through willingly.[/quote']

That's exactly what I said. They are already filing with the homeowners to get the room put back together. Add the tank to the list of things. Then you don't have to worry about Marineland because your insurance will deal with them.

Well it has been a stressful day.

Marineland is sending the pictures of the stand to the engineer department to make sure that it will hold the weight. I will be calling them again tomorrow to check on the status of that and then demand a delivery date for the new tank. We need to know when it will get here to determine if we have to set up a better temporary system.

My insurance company has been very difficult. I left a message last night into today and still had not heard back from them or from an adjuster to see when they were coming out to the house. My aunt called me who just happened to be my broker and deals with them a lot and said that this is not right and they should have had someone out there a lot sooner. So she started dating and calling around for the person who gave us the original quote and ended up accidentally getting our agent for this claim and they had a little bit of a heated conversation… But the good news is the end result was that the adjuster called me and is coming out tomorrow 8 AM and The agent finally called me back and answer my questions she did say that she didn't appreciate my aunt calling because she's not a part of the claim but at least it got her to call me and get my questions answered. It's all about who you know right? Praying that everything goes smooth tomorrow with the adjuster and we can finally get started on the repairs.

We all might want to check our insurance policies. I didn't think insurance covered anything like aquarium failure or damage caused by it.

They should because it's water damage and personal property.. But I suggest making sure you have a local agent so that you can get ahold of them and have an office to go I to. I would also suggest writing your tank into the policy then it will be for sure covered.

We all might want to check our insurance policies. I didn't think insurance covered anything like aquarium failure or damage caused by it.

There has been so much confusion on it lately we have contacted an insurance agent to write an article about it for our site to clear some of the common issues/misconceptions up. The article section should be coming with the next site update.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I can likely get them answered for you, but a lot of it does have to do with your insurance company and policy.

Even if you have to add your tanks in it can sometimes cost very little but be very worth it.

For example our club has a general liability policy that covers not only the club, but all of the TFT tanks that we own. If one of our tanks were to break in a classroom and cause enough damage that the school would need a portable classroom for a year we are covered for the first million. If a kid were to lick a zoa an go to the hospital, our policy covers that as well. That policy for the club, club get together, all of the TFT tanks owned by the club, damage that might be caused by the tanks etc, etc, cost us $232 a year.

If you already have a renters or home owners policy it is a very cheap add on, I think for me a year less then $20 annually for a million in coverage (was their minimum). It does not cover livestock, just equipment and property that is damaged.

When a tank breaks and you have to replace flooring, drywall, sub flooring, and a vapor barrier, before you even get to replacing the tank, the costs add up very quickly. Insurance is worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been so much confusion on it lately we have contacted an insurance agent to write an article about it for our site to clear some of the common issues/misconceptions up. The article section should be coming with the next site update.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I can likely get them answered for you, but a lot of it does have to do with your insurance company and policy.

Even if you have to add your tanks in it can sometimes cost very little but be very worth it.

For example our club has a general liability policy that covers not only the club, but all of the TFT tanks that we own. If one of our tanks were to break in a classroom and cause enough damage that the school would need a portable classroom for a year we are covered for the first million. If a kid were to lick a zoa an go to the hospital, our policy covers that as well. That policy for the club, club get together, all of the TFT tanks owned by the club, damage that might be caused by the tanks etc, etc, cost us $232 a year.

If you already have a renters or home owners policy it is a very cheap add on, I think for me a year less then $20 annually for a million in coverage (was their minimum). It does not cover livestock, just equipment and property that is damaged.

When a tank breaks and you have to replace flooring, drywall, sub flooring, and a vapor barrier, before you even get to replacing the tank, the costs add up very quickly. Insurance is worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea, there should definitely be a reference to clarify what your insurance will and will not cover. I know I had to have my tank written into our policy because it wasn't coverd and neither was any damages caused by it.

The figure I've always heard was 80k as a starting point with a tank failure.