To tang or not?

featherblue

+1 on the pvc. I add a bowl of sand for wrasses. I did break the rules in mine. A added a couple of rocks that will never see the display. . It gives the fish something to pick at. If I need to medicate I just put them in a bucket with a spare Powerhead and heater till the medication is complete.

I don't think you'll find a lot of tang police here (that's a good thing)

Speak for yourself (naner)

Tangpolice1.jpg

A yellow, bristletooth, or Kole tank would be happy for the rest of their lives in a 72 bow without the heartache or trouble of having to rehome or upgrade when the grew to full size. Besides a full size specimen is something to be proud of.

Another thing to consider is a Tang is a dirty, dirty fish. They eat a lot, and poop even more (so it seems(puke)) My Sailfin can cloud up my 125 (nutty) They will take up a good amount of your bioload.

• 1 month later...

For the past five+ years I have been keeping a: Purple, Yellow, Powder Blue, Sail fin, and Hippo tang in a 220g Mixed reef tank. All are large, Fat and Healthy. All were purchased as small specimens. I have had the Yellow and Hippo tang over ten years. These two started out together in a 72g Bow front. Tangs are my favorite fish. I am looking for a large Black Tang to add to this system. My system is controlled by an Apex controller, two MP-40 Vortechs, 100 gallon sump, Reef dynamics 180 Skimmer, Ozotech Ozone generator. Plus a Dart Closed loop. It was pointed out Tangs are messy. Very True. Get the best skimmer you can afford. They also Love Random Current and Circulation. The Vortech is expensive but nothing else compares in my opinion. You will not be sorry getting any one of the tangs that have been suggested. But beware... Tangs need room; and a large system can be expensive to set up and to maintain. Enjoy your Tang.

I have a 100 gal with 4 tangs. Come get me tang police! I have a dig tomini, kole, a small yellow and a small hipo. I know down the the road I will have to re home the hipo. I want to add a lipstick tang. But... thank you Jeff at cnc for not letting me doing it.