Stafire Cubed ... a reefgeek build thread.

reefgeek84

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just gotta say that your setup is amazing!! Thought well ahead didn't ya?

Thank you very much for such a nice compliment... I did alot of thinking a head on this one...that what you get when you have designed three previous tanks of your own and a few others for people.

Hopefully I get the opportunity to help design and build a few more is I have some cool ideas, that I would like to see on some tanks...

Dang Brandon that light hanger came out better than you described! Very sweet' date=' they look like they were meant to hang on that thing![/quote']

That was the plan...I wanted it to be as unobtrusive and natural looking as possible...John tweeked the light arms slightly, but it is exactly what I had in mind. Glad to see that it is so well received.

• 1 month later...
Hey Brandon - I was gone for a while and was just wondering how the new tank was coming along' date=' did you sort out your lighting yet? It's such a sweet looking setup I hope it's coming together OK for ya![/quote']

I am going to work on getting some shots tonight of the tank and possibly some macros...I just have been super busy with everything else...

As for the lighting, I upgraded the pendants light socket to 250w and running phoenix bulbs soon... as for the supplementation, I may not use any, so when I move here soon I may just cut that part off...

but for sure stay tuned as I will be getting pics up soon...

Alright, so I got some pics of the tank and all of some of its citizens... I apologize for these pics, I was in the wrong mode in the camera, so the photos are washed out in the way of colors, all the fish have much more brilliant color.

Also if you would like to see my macro shots, please go here...

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?p=43494#post43494

The tank...

tank2-1.jpg

tank3.jpg

Moorish Idol

idol1.jpg

idol2.jpg

Sunburst Anthias

sunburst2.jpg

Ornate Leopard wrasse (it was being shy, so not good photos)

oleopard1.jpg

oleoaprd2.jpg

Bipartitus Leopard wrasse

bloepard2.jpg

Bleopard3.jpg

bleopard1.jpg

Clowns, hosting my brain coral

clownhost3.jpg

clownhost1.jpg

clownhost2.jpg

Fusi Goby

fushi.jpg

Dersa Clam (he has put him self in this place, not me, lol)

clown.jpg

I have a baby blue tang and a possum wrasse, I will try to get some good pics of them...

Wow... that looks great Brandon - I still love that stand and the pendant lighting. Your fish and coral (I checked out the macro shots as well) all look fantastic. I wish I had those Wrasses....

Thanks for sharing. Great job!

Thanks for the compliments...I think the macro shots turned out very well...

Yes, I love my wrasses, they are eating frozen and stay out for the entire light cycle...(others I have had are on their own clock and pretty much only came out to feed and hang out for a bit)...

wow' date=' nice rock work and beautiful fish. I didn't know you could keep multiple wrasses like that, esp. in a 60g.[/quote']

Thank you on the compliments... The wrasses do very well together, it also helps that they eat frozen, so I do not have to worry about the pod population..I would like to get normal leopard and a potters leopard in there as well...But we will see what happens...I love them, next to a jawfish, they are my favorite fish.