Berghia Nudibranchs Group buy

Emerald525

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

johnsmb,

I might be heading down to Portland in the next week or two depending on when the group buy frags and the grow out frag is ready for me if you still need them then just let me know and make the arrangements for them to be picked up and I should be able to do it. You would just need to make it to my house to get them then and I am just outside Longview on Eufaula Hights if you know where that is. Or I might be able to bring them to you so I could see a new tank lol.

I hope everyone's Berghias are doing well. Beth actually found one of the little guys and they are starting to munch away at the aiptasia!(clap) They are actually lovely little creatures! munch away little nudibranchs! Keep my aiptasia at bay!

DSC07273ARW.jpg

Well I woke up this morning and saw one of these on my glass or something that looks really similar. Too bad I dont have any aptasia, the little guy is going to starve. I wish I could get a good picture of it but he's at a bad angle. I was think of just pulling him out just incase... :/

Make sure he's the aiptasia eating nudibranch J.R as there are other nudibranchs that are not so nice in your tank!

I know, thats why I am probably just going to pull it out. Do you know of any way to prove its not the bad kind? It does look alot like whats in that picture.

I know' date=' thats why I am probably just going to pull it out. Do you know of any way to prove its not the bad kind? It does look alot like whats in that picture.[/quote']

Not a good reliable way unless you have a nudibranch expert around. I would just pull the sucker out! Sometimes google helps but honestly for me when they are that tiny I think it is very difficult to know.

Well I woke up this morning and saw one of these on my glass or something that looks really similar. Too bad I dont have any aptasia' date=' the little guy is going to starve. I wish I could get a good picture of it but he's at a bad angle. I was think of just pulling him out just incase... :/[/quote']

They usually die in 2-3 days without aiptasia. That's the only thing they eat. It could be a similar nudi

What's happening with the babies Grassi? You think they will be ready in another week?

I still see something moving. Then there are some on the glass, visible with a magnifier. I'm trying to find some pics of the stages to identify where I'm at.

I lost all but 2 of the broodstock. I still have eggs, not a lot at this time.

I really hope something will show up soon. I talked with a guy and he told me he saw the nudis the morning he was gonna tore down the tank, so there is hope.

If not, I will try again. I will say to wait a couple of weeks from now and then go for another order.