Berghia Nudibranchs Group buy

Emerald525

Got aiptasia problems? I do!(flame) I have been reading about the berghia nudibranchs for aiptasia control and want to give them a try

I have heard these guys do a great job getting rid of aiptasia and I have been on a waitlist for them. The seller sells them for 3 dollars each (plus shipping) which is very cheap since I have seen them for as much as 15 to 20 dollars each and does them in lots of 20, 35, and 50. I hear you need about 1 per every 10 to 20 gallons of water.

Here's more information:

http://www.foxvalleyreefclub.com/forums/showthread.php?391-My-experience-culturing-berghia-%28aptasia-eating-nudibranchs-%29

I'm planning on getting about 12 to 15 of them for our reef tank. Let me know if anyone else is interested!

Second group buy

Hozer-10

Lewisriverfisherman-10

Sharoleb 6

Lowman 10

Johnsmb 2 to 6

Longiotti-?

reefcam-25

USCG 15

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these the kind that if they die the nuke the tank? Idk if it's tyre but I herd that from someone

No Dan, I have not heard that. I did hear that once they have eaten the aiptasia they can starve so some people try to pass them along to other people. They also have a short lifespan of 10 months max.

I read online that wrasses can be predators but it sounds like people have them with wrasses with no problem.

And yes they only eat aiptasia which is why keeping them can be a challenge if you don't have a steady supply of aiptasia.

They work pretty well if you are able to grow the colony, otherwise they can just die.

They are hermaphrodites but you need a good number for being successful.

Probably a minimum of 30-40 for a 100g tank, especially if there are predators.

Watch for predators like some fish (wrasses) and shrimps (peppermint). Then pods, who likes nudi eggs.

The best way is go get a few and setup a breeding tank for them. You feed them with apitasia until the colony is big enough to introduce a few dozen in your tank.

The best info you can find is from Antony Calfo, who introduced them in Europe as well, if I remember well:

Calfo, A 2004. Aquarium Culture of the Aeolid Nudibranch Berghia Predator on the Nuisance Anemone Aiptasia. Reefkeeping Mag

I would like to try to breed some. So I'm gonna buy a few in this GrB. If someone wants to donate a few of them to this little project I will give you them back with extras if the breeding is gonna be successful.

So Kim, put me on the list for 20.

They work pretty well if you are able to grow the colony, otherwise they can just die.

They are hermaphrodites but you need a good number for being successful.

Probably a minimum of 30-40 for a 100g tank, especially if there are predators.

Watch for predators like some fish (wrasses) and shrimps (peppermint). Then pods, who likes nudi eggs.

The best way is go get a few and setup a breeding tank for them. You feed them with apitasia until the colony is big enough to introduce a few dozen in your tank.

The best info you can find is from Antony Calfo, who introduced them in Europe as well, if I remember well:

Calfo, A 2004. Aquarium Culture of the Aeolid Nudibranch Berghia Predator on the Nuisance Anemone Aiptasia. Reefkeeping Mag

I would like to try to breed some. So I'm gonna buy a few in this GrB. If someone wants to donate a few of them to this little project I will give you them back with extras if the breeding is gonna be successful.

So Kim, put me on the list for 20.

Okay Grassi I will put you down for the 18 as that's what was left that he said he had. You should talk to the guy on reef2reef that is selling them. He has had great success now in breeding them. I will donate a couple of mine to your cause!

put me down for 10

70 are spoken for already Jose but I will put you on the alternate list!