Berghia Nudibranchs Group buy

Emerald525

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email from Kim to all of those involved in this group buy:

Total for 75 bergs shipped is $292 ($225 for bergs and $67 for shipping).

Shipping comes to about 1 dollar per nudibranch so it makes them come out to 4 dollars each when you include shipping which is an awesome deal! I hope nobody minds if I rounded.

Emerald 525 18 (x4 )=72

Rubberduck 10 (x4)=40 dollars

Madmike 25 (x4)= 100 dollars

FPD4308 2 (x4)= 8 dollars

Grassi 20 (x 4)=80 dollars

Plan for shipping is this coming Tuesday the 4th to arrive Wednesday the 5th.

I will PM you all with the paypal address to send the money. If you have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Beth

Okay list updated. I have payments from everyone except for Doug but I'm not going to stress over 8 dollars Doug! I know you're good for it man and you have a little baby to be focusing on!(clap)(clap)

Sorry Kim,

I talked to Beth and she said I could get you guys the cash when I picked up the nudi's. I don't have a paypal account

Doug

The Berghias are coming!

Just received a note from Jeremy the Berghias will be shipped tomorrow as planned!(clap)(clap)

Here is the acclimation guide again: (kind of reminds me of the movie Gremlins;))

berghia acclimation guide

Step by step guide to acclimating your berghia

NEVER.....

-Never put them into the tank without proper acclimation first

-Never put them into the tank with the lights on. I suggest turning the lights off as you start the acclimation process (this gives the fish a chance to go hide while you’re acclimating the berghia). The lights should be kept off for at least 2 hours after the berghia have been introduced to the tank. This gives them a chance to be free of irritation from tank inhabitants as they further adjust to the tanks water.

-Never just drop them into the tank.

-Never transfer them by any means other than the use of the pipette (I'll send along a pipette).

-Never put them into the display with ANY water movement equipment on (turn off all return pumps, powerheads, waveboxes, etc....)

ALWAYS

-Provide a slow drip acclimation which consists of doubling the water volume they're in over a 30 minute period (this should be repeated three times for a total acclimation time of 1.5 hours). At the end of the first 30 minutes (when the water volume has doubled) dump out half the water and again drip in more water to double the volume in 30 minutes time - then dump out half the water again. Take another 30 minutes to double the water volume again and at the end of that 30 minutes your berghia should be ready for transfer into the tank. This is an extremely safe method of acclimation. Some may call it overkill, but berghia are sensitive to water chemistry fluctuations and I highly suggest taking the proper amount of time to acclimate your new berghia. Keep in mind that during acclimation, the acclimation water will cool to ambient room temperature and because of the small water volume, it can easily become overheated if too close to a heat surface or it can easily cool dramatically if left on the floor or left somewhere that there will be cool irradiance (near an AC vent etc...).

-The berghia I ship may come in multiple containers, but they'll be from the same water source so they can be acclimated together. To best measure the acclimation rate, it's easiest to put all the berghia and water into a Tupperware container that can contain about 400-500 ml's then empty out all but half of the water.

-Always and only use a pipette to transfer the berghia!! The berghia will hold tightly to the inside of the shipping container - including the lid! Berghia are notorious for floating on the surface of the water upside down (normal and healthy behavior). Because of this, they will often be found on the lid of the shipping container. Using the pipette to jet water at them rapidly will irritate them enough to get them to let loose and float freely for a few seconds. Once floating freely they can be sucked up into the pipette and transferred to the desired area. Never just drop them into the tank after acclimation. Please take diligent care when putting the berghia into the display tank. ALL POWERHEADS, PUMP RETURNS, WAVEBOXES, ETC... MUST BE TURNED OFF WHEN THE BERGHIA ARE PLACED INTO THE TANK!! You can then use the pipette to transfer the berghia onto a piece of rock near some aiptasia. They likely won't begin eating the aiptasia right away and will likely find a spot to hide. Be very careful to gently squirt them out onto the rockwork and make sure no fish or shrimp are waiting to see what comes out of the pipette. Turning the lights out at the start of the acclimation process and leaving them off for 2hrs after the berghia are introduced into the tank will increase the likelihood that the berghia will be introduced without any harassment from your animals.

Once in the tank the berghia will go to work. They are nocturnal and very secretive so you may not see them for weeks or even months. Slowly aiptasia will begin disappearing and berghia populations will begin to peak as they munch away at aiptasia and lay egg strands at the rate of 1-2 egg strands per day per berghia

Update on the Berghia

I hope everyone's Berghias are doing well. Beth actually found one of the little guys and they are starting to munch away at the aiptasia!(clap) They are actually lovely little creatures! munch away little nudibranchs! Keep my aiptasia at bay!

DSC07273ARW.jpg

Mines are doing well and started to lay some eggs.

They are cute little creatures. I had some documentation sent to me by my friend working at the Genova aquarium and I'll post some infos as soon as I will have time to read all the documentation.

If'n you plan on doing this again let me know. I would like in or if you can PM me the persons info I will contact them directly.

Thanks

Shane

I sent him a message Shane last week to get on his wait list again and told him I could likely get another order of 75 together at the price he is selling them for. He's on r2r. He's pretty back logged right now.

JR, get with Alex, he's looking for aptasia covered rocks for his breeding program, he'll, if your brother can afford to part with the rock, probably be willing to trade a few frags, and trust me, Alex has NICE stuff lol.

Not guaranteeing anything, but he's a good guy LOL

BTW, Alex is grassi lol.

JR' date=' get with Alex, he's looking for aptasia covered rocks for his breeding program, he'll, if your brother can afford to part with the rock, [b']probably[/b] be willing to trade a few frags, and trust me, Alex has NICE stuff lol.

Not guaranteeing anything, but he's a good guy LOL

BTW, Alex is grassi lol.

Thanks man. I plan on mentioning this to him. I never knew these little guys were that good at eating aptaisa. The only advice I could give him was the norm, calk injections, pepperment shrimp ect which didnt work that well for him. Right now he has the rock in a tote soaking in RO water with no salt in it. That might have done the trick.

I'm hoping to drag him to the meeting this weekend, he's on the forum but he doesnt post.