Berghia Nudibranchs Group buy

Emerald525

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost some, but the one that survived are doing a good job. The tank is plenty of eggs and they should hatch soon, finger crossed.

I need some food. Where I can borrow some infested rock? :)

Dang, They are really done with that rock already??? I will look to see if they have anymore that we could swap out with but I'm not sure at this point.

Jesse, they eat about 10 polyps per day. I still have some, but I fear I'm gonna be in trouble when the little guys will hatch.

Kim, I use Joe's for getting rid of aiptaisia and it worked well for me. I mean, it solved my problem. I think that I'm just gonna kill them all if I use that. It is basically kalk, which can kill any kind of animal in high concentration

Jesse, they eat about 10 polyps per day. I still have some, but I fear I'm gonna be in trouble when the little guys will hatch.

Kim, I use Joe's for getting rid of aiptaisia and it worked well for me. I mean, it solved my problem. I think that I'm just gonna kill them all if I use that. It is basically kalk, which can kill any kind of animal in high concentration

Well what happens when you use the Joe's juice or aiptasia x is it kills the one aiptasia but then makes them spread like wildfire. I noticed that when I used to treat them that way. This is what Jeremy (the r2r berghia breeder) said:

I routinely use aiptasia-X on my aiptasia grow out tanks. It merely irritates them enough to get them into a "bail out" mode and they release massive amounts of gametes before they die (if they die). About a week after using the aiptasia X the glass is covered in hundereds of new little aiptasia hungry and growing well so that in a few weeks they can become a nice meal for my berghia hatchlings

Can we do another group buy? I was on the backup list and need to get some of these dudes.

I'm on the wait list Bob at reef2reef for more or be patient and hopefully Alex's mad scientist breeding factory will spit out some locally. You can also message the guy on reef2reef. His name is jlinzmaier

I emailed someone at reef2reef and there is a 20 min order. if anyone is running out of aptisia and wants to sell a couple of the nudis let me know please.

I am also looking for some of these... I missed the last group buy. I could use 2-6 of them...

You out of town people, will you be able to come down the day of delivery? Otherwise I'm not sure how I would be able to get them to you.

Hey Grassi how is the berghia breeding going?

I'm down to 6 guys, but they are very "active" if I can say it that way ;)

The tank is plenty of eggs and I should see some result soon, hopefully.

I'm still in need of aiptasia. So to all you guys: give me some rock and you will have some discount on the Berghia. Or in case of my failure.. you will get back a cleaned rock :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I saw a few little Berghias a few days ago, but I thought they were the old ones that were just skinny.

This morning I was cleaning the tank while I saw about 100 new little guys!

It make sense: 5 weeks after laying the eggs.

Now the even more difficult part: feed the newborns with small aiptasia.

If everything goes well I will have a few ready in 2-3 weeks.

You can reserve your nudis right now, no deposit asked: this distribution list will help me because as soon as they are ready I would like them to go before starving to death.

Also you can bring me some infested live rock and you will have 1 free nudi plus I will pay you the weight of the rock at $1,5 per lb

I will be selling the nudis at $4 for members and $8 for non members. So you have an excuse to pay for the membership ;)

I suggest to get at least 1 per 5 gallon of water. But it depends on your tank (shrimps, lot of flow and things like that)

I'm crossing my fingers because it is gonna be hard to feed the little ones: let's hope :)