• Red Sea Coral Pro Salt/Red Sea Sea Salts
    • SeaChem Sea Salts
    • Tropic Marin Sea Salts
    • Other/ Like Get Tanked, ect.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm posting here what I told you in pm, so other can read :)

They are all good. There are some that will work better.

It only depends on your setup, target and inhabitants.

A way to decide which one to use is having a few ideas or what your scenario is gonna be:

- how frequent water changes are gonna be

- what method of supplementing are you gonna use (none, ca reactor, kalk, ca+alk, balling or 2 part...)

- what is your ionic balance target

Depending on that, you can decide which one works better for you. Mostly economically.

You can pay a bucket $40, but then you might have to add $40 in additives each month.

I use Kent because I'm with the baling light and I like my ca high, low alk and medium/high mg. After a few test I decided to go back to this values and kent is right for me

I'm posting here what I told you in pm, so other can read :)

They are all good. There are some that will work better.

It only depends on your setup, target and inhabitants.

A way to decide which one to use is having a few ideas or what your scenario is gonna be:

- how frequent water changes are gonna be

- what method of supplementing are you gonna use (none, ca reactor, kalk, ca+alk, balling or 2 part...)

- what is your ionic balance target

Depending on that, you can decide which one works better for you. Mostly economically.

You can pay a bucket $40, but then you might have to add $40 in additives each month.

I use Kent because I'm with the baling light and I like my ca high, low alk and medium/high mg. After a few test I decided to go back to this values and kent is right for me

I use Kent because Grassi uses Kent:D

I went with the new coral pro salt! I am just starting so I cant say if I think it's great or not. I did a lot of research and came to the conclussion like Grassi said "They are all good" some are just higher in different elements than others and you have to decide what you are wanting to keep and how high or low you want certain levels and go from there. I choose Coral pro because most people liked it a lot it had good levels of the things I think I am going to need and because it was on sale and I got free shipping and I thought the new bucket looked cool! (haha). So far it has gotten me three weeks through my cycle and kept my hitchhiker feather dusters and bristle worms alive! I guess I can't complain! lol

I went with the new coral pro salt! I am just starting so I cant say if I think it's great or not. I did a lot of research and came to the conclussion like Grassi said "They are all good" some are just higher in different elements than others and you have to decide what you are wanting to keep and how high or low you want certain levels and go from there. I choose Coral pro because most people liked it a lot it had good levels of the things I think I am going to need and because it was on sale and I got free shipping and I thought the new bucket looked cool! (haha). So far it has gotten me three weeks through my cycle and kept my hitchhiker feather dusters and bristle worms alive! I guess I can't complain! lol

Good choice! The cool looking bucket is the new trend. I wish some marketing guy at Kent could read this thread DOH!

Kent buckets are the ugliest ones, but their graphic design kinda make more sense when you use the empty ones for collecting your dog poo like I do lol

Good choice! The cool looking bucket is the new trend. I wish some marketing guy at Kent could read this thread DOH!

Kent buckets are the ugliest ones, but their graphic design kinda make more sense when you use the empty ones for collecting your dog poo like I do lol

I have seen the Kent buckets and would have to agree there not much to look at, but it's what's on the inside that counts....right? lol. To be honest the bucket looks was what had me look into coral pro right off the bat! I really wanted to get the aquavitro but it was very hard to find and the cost did not want to make me go the extra mile for it! To tell you the truth though after UPS got done delivering my gorgeous buckets with salt in them they were not much to look at any more! I ordered 6 and 5 came broken and 2 of them were absoulutely shattered! So pretty buckets are a little overrated! :D