I got an idea

reef165

Since the TMC Baby Breath group buy was such a succes was wondering, what if each month we draw a sponcer name from a hat, pick a high end coral colonie to frag up. As we pull a sponcers name, they would not go back into the hat till all sponcers are picked, we pay full retail for the coral, amount of participents is limited to the # of frags that can be made from the colonie, and one frag is always donated to TFT ether the frag or the $. Oh and since Kim and Beth did such a great job fraging and such I vote they get the honers.

• Like 1

It wouldn't really matter what coral was picked, there would only be as many frags as the chosen colonie could produce, once chosen and #of frags available, it would be presented to the forum to be sold. Piece wouldn't be bought till all frags were sold and paid for. If you dont want that monthes frag then you wouldn't try to get one. I would say that the sponcer, coral and # of frags be posted on the first of the month, then whoever wants one has 7 days to get them the $.

• Like 1

I like this idea too and would like to be a part of it every time one I like comes up. I can rarely afford such expensive corals but I like to have them :) and I paid for my membership at the Xmas party so I'm all for the members only part too. However I'm not sure when my membership will be activated ...?...

It wouldn't really matter what coral was picked' date=' there would only be as many frags as the chosen colonie could produce, once chosen and #of frags available, it would be presented to the forum to be sold. Piece wouldn't be bought till all frags were sold and paid for. If you dont want that monthes frag then you wouldn't try to get one. I would say that the sponcer, coral and # of frags be posted on the first of the month, then whoever wants one has 7 days to get them the $.[/quote']

I like your thinking

what happens when a frag(s) die before distrobution.

just a thought, some ground rules need to be established or theres gonna be a drama overload every month aside from the regular drama

Can we say the word "Soprano'd"

Sopraned....Sorprono, Siprano..................

Nope can't seem to say the word....(laugh)

I think overall this does sound like a good idea. The only issue would be just like what Robert is mentioning. What happens when the whole colony dies while being fragged? This is a very likely situation and all would be out the money. Maybe it's something the shop would be willing to frag up for us or maybe they already have a bunch of frags of a colony they fragged but would do a pkg deal as a colony price?

just a thought, some ground rules need to be established or theres gonna be a drama overload every month aside from the regular drama

I say it's no differant than if you get it home and it dies, S-O-L. I dont think the sponcer or Kim -n- Beth should be heald responsable for anything, a risk you are taking when puting your name down wanting a frag.

• Like 1

Great idea. If I could toss an amendment into the ring - I would propose that a list of participants be made and then have a random drawing for the number of available spots with a few alternates in case people drop out at the last minute. It would, more or less, give everyone who wants to participate an even chance. Also I'd say it's buyer beware no matter who frags it if the pieces die or whatever - that draws a pretty good line in the sand.

I agree ground rules are a good idea. To be honest though if for some reason the colony had died in the most recent situation I do not think there would have been drama. It's better to be out 40 dollars then 400. It went really well. I don't think it's sopranoed zoas that ticks people off more then mytshalling them.

A generous offer. I know TFT would like it. Thanks

Hey Old man with the poor memory when are you going to pick your 40 dollars worth of zoas anyway?

I think this is a great idea. I would love to order you guys a monster high end coral

Sounds like we have a volunteer for the next group buy!(clap)