I got an idea

reef165

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Jon, in Eddie's original thread it was asked who wanted to be a volunteer and they offered and are looking into it. I think that's fair as long as we work with every sponsor who wants to do this. I like your suggestion though and I'm easy. Whatever the majority wants and thinks is completely fine with me.

All sounds good, I was just thinking that it's been over 3 weeks sincxe DJL has offered but haven't herd anything more, and I would like to have another one of these soon! The colonie doesn't half to please everyone, just hasto be a high end coral, be able to be fraged into 15 to 25 frags, and since it will be high end, thinking a price of $300 to $600 retail for the Colonie is about what should be spent.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like to get this idea off the ground, I say we draw a name and get the ball rolling. I am going to draw a name from all the LFS sponcers, contact them and see what they have or can get then present it to the group. I'll let you know when I have confermation from the sponcer.

Eddie that's fine if you and others want to get another one going before the Davy Jones one gets off the ground. I know it's been a few weeks. I have talked to Dave and Doug and they have been trying to find the right colony. I also am in no hurry as I have been pretty involved with the maxi-mini group buy, the TFT program,hosting the meeting etc. etc. Dave has also been most helpful with the TFT project and used his own time to find the sump and put baffles in for us.

I understand about wanting Davy Jones to do it, but it has been a month, so I am in contact with the sponcer that I picked out of the hat and am going with him this month, If Dave finds something, he can contact me and we/I will use him for next month for sure.

Great idea. If I could toss an amendment into the ring - I would propose that a list of participants be made and then have a random drawing for the number of available spots with a few alternates in case people drop out at the last minute. It would' date=' more or less, give everyone who wants to participate an even chance. Also I'd say it's buyer beware no matter who frags it if the pieces die or whatever - that draws a pretty good line in the sand.[/quote']

in addition, whoever was left out of the previous moths buy should have first right of refusal for the following month the a drawing to fill the rest of the spaces available

Yeah I'm going to bow out of the sps

I have too many sps already that I have bought in for and my tank is still not up Tim's got great taste in corals so all you colored stick lovers should jump on this!

I like your idea Jackaninny of a raffle with alternates except , I think the person organizing (in this case reef165) and the person fragging it (probably Tim this time so not applicable) should be on the list automatically.

• 9 months later...