I got an idea

reef165

What ever happened to this? I have wondered for a while now. I can start it back up if people are still interested. I am not going to put my name in the hat' date=' as it would not be right IMO.[/quote']

What happened is life got busy and I didn't want to always be the one to organize these as they can be time consuming. Fun but time consuming. Wegotjs tried to get one going for Rosecity and it fell through. I can't remember why. I just assumed people lost interest. If you wnt to do a group buy Eddie I don't see any problem with that at all. We all love group buys and tanks for teacher could use some more funds. :)

I understand the time thing!! Maybe since stores have the ability to frag there own corals an such we/I draw a name and post it, then contact the sponcer who was picked, then if the accept it they are in charge of collecting the $ fraging the coral and distrobution, the idea was to get people to the stores anyway, so this allows the person to go in, look at the coral, decide if he/she wants it, pay for it if they do, and once fraged go pick it up. That = at least 2 times said person will be in the store, plus all the others that don't do it at least will have been in once.

Well, it started out that I had all the sponcers (with storefronts AKA LFS) in a bowl and would pick one and then they would come up with a coral colonie to frag up and sell at retail price, IE, lets say they had a chalace that was worth $60 an eye or the whole colonie at $300, well if the colonie has like 20 eyes you divide that into the $300 and get the price per eye for the group buy, it not only allows people to be able to get a coral they would realy love but could never justify or be able to afford, but it also makes the LFS $ because it is sold at retail.

If this starts up again I would have no prob putting you in the hat after all the brick and morter stores have had there shot! Who knows, maybe we can make it like the POTM, all the sponcers submit a coral, and we vote for what one we want for that month, then the sponcer frags it up and so on. and the one that wins for that month can't re enter for 3 monthes. I kinda like that!!!