BRS November Group Buy

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my order in and it was shipped out today!

Sweet! I'm waiting to see what's going to happen with the Refractometer for TFT before I do my order.. I called today and they said their vendor is having issues with recieving the payment so they won't release anymore..DOH!

Still nothing' date=' but it's early.[/quote']

Yeah, I still have not received anything from Jon. I'm sure he's working on it. Once I get a reply back I will let you all know.

and people wonder why PNWMAS doesnt get support from local stores...

BRS Is my customer too, but had to speak up for the local guys as they wont in fear of being bashed.

Nuff said, we dont need to "go down that road" again.

You opened the can of worms so lets finish it. The reason why most of us buy from BRS is that we can walk in to the LFS and pay 3 times as much for the same stuff. I try and support all of the LFS not just one but when I want to save a ton of money of course I'm going to buy from BRS. You didn't sign up for it but no reason to bash it my friend.

BRS Is my customer too, but had to speak up for the local guys as they wont in fear of being bashed.

Who sells BRS products now that your shop failed Joel? I wasn't aware anyone did honestly.

My last order with them was some carbon reactor, carbon, frag kit, some bulk chemicals, and base rock. I dont know about up north but there is none of that stuff within an hour of me that I know of. Help me out.

Im always willing to spend a couple bucks at a LFS if they got what I need.

Joel I'm all about supporting my LFS. I have personally asked this question to the LFS owners I frequent and they do not have a problem with the BRS group buys. There is one LFS I know that has a big problem with these group buys but they don't get my business anyway because of poor customer service.

I honestly get tired of the threats from some of the business owners about how they are not going to support the forum because of a group buy here and there or when a fellow hobbiest sells a few corals. The funny thing is I take that cash and hand it right over to my LFS and buy more corals!

I know times are tough but let's put it into perspective. This is an expensive hobby.

Joel I'm all about supporting my LFS. I have personally asked this question to the LFS owners I frequent and they do not have a problem with the BRS group buys. There is one LFS I know that has a big problem with these group buys but they don't get my business anyway because of poor customer service.

I honestly get tired of the threats from some of the business owners about how they are not going to support the forum because of a group buy here and there or when a fellow hobbiest sells a few corals. The funny thing is I take that cash and hand it right over to my LFS and buy more corals!

I know times are tough but let's put it into perspective. This is an expensive hobby.

+1 Well said Emerald...

Also of note, the LFS don't carry much of the products we can get at BRS or in bulk to help us save and make this a more affordable hobby.

AND, from what I am told from the LFS owners, they don't make a lot of money of dry goods to begin with.

I support many of the PNWMAS sponsors (you know who you are!).... but I also need to afford my maintenance supplies so I can still feed my addiction!

Well other than the drama stirred up today by some I just wanted to say thanks again for joining the group buy. Great turn out and if I get a chance to do this again before Brad...I will do so.

I don't mind sponsors voicing their opinions. I really want to hear what they have to day. I just honestly don't see what the big deal is with the BRS group buys from time to time and having the points be donated to TFT is also a good thing.