Tired of being Ignored!!!

tanktop74

Once again I gave Saltwater Fantasies a try after having several bad or so-so experiences.

Went in on my way to work today, needed something very specific, couldn't find it on the shelves, also couldn't find anyone willing to help me! AGAIN!! I did not have all the time in the world to wait around for someone to notice I was there, or ask for help, nor did I have time to go to each person in the shop to ask if they worked there or not.

I am tired of being a female in this shop being ignored!!!(flame)

Needless to say I will NEVER go to this shop again!!

Re: Tired of being Ignored!!!

As a male I have had similar experiences here and Upscales....very frusterating especially when you consider online doesn't give you that experience but does give better prices....makes shopping local a PITA and not worth the effort or time to get treated like this....or should I say not treated

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Nice to hear about some negative experiences and possibly give feedback to the store. Why would someone do this? It is so bad for business. In this economy in this business it makes no sense.

I know we are not the only ones who have had this experience at this particular store. It's too bad because it's a nice shop.

Trust me, I have given this place multiple chances.

On the positive side, I heard Nick at Rosecity was most helpful in getting Beth the furan2 to help treat the zoas.

Nice to hear about some negative experiences and possibly give feedback to the store. Why would someone do this? It is so bad for business. In this economy in this business it makes no sense.

On the positive side, I heard Nick at Rosecity was most helpful in getting Beth the furan2 to help treat the zoas.

+1 on someone posting negative feedback. I have considered it before but didn't want to get flamed, wasn't sure how it would be rec'd.

I got my Furan2 a while ago from Nick also, he is very helpful.

I had avoided Upscales for the last 6 months for the same reason. However my husband went in just last week and ended up spending way too much $$ because of the great service he got.

Sorry to hear that Beth.

I doubt it had anything to do with you being a female. Sometimes Pat is by himself or has help but they get pretty busy sometimes.

Pat's a pretty layed back guy when it's not busy.

Was Brandon there?

I dont blame him! If I had my own shop I would send all Cowboys fans to PETCO.

Dude that's hilarious there-(laugh)

Beth, I applaud you for giving him a second, third or whatever the number was-you know I have stuck up for him on more than one occasion to you and others that have had that same experience.

I don’t have a dog in the fight, I don’t get kick backs, or free frags, he has just always done me fair-granted I am never in a hurry and honestly if I am in a hurry and need to get in and out-I go another time.

As far as neg. feedback, nobody should feel bad for expressing "what happened to them"

Sometimes the truth hurts, a person/company cant get better if they don’t know it is broken.

Anyway good job for giving it another shot(clap) sorry your recent visit was the same as the initial visit.

Ahhh the benefits of having an overstocked tank-(sad)

Sorry to hear that Beth.

I doubt it had anything to do with you being a female. Sometimes Pat is by himself or has help but they get pretty busy sometimes.

Pat's a pretty layed back guy when it's not busy.

Was Brandon there?

Chewie I would like to tell you this was an isolated incident. If it was, then Beth would not be posting here. You have been helpful with answering our questions and have been a great person in general to deal with. I wish you owned the store. Unfortunately it does not matter if there is one person in the store or many, we have gotten the same "service" or lack of the 5 or 6 times we have gone in there.

Trust me we have tried to give this store a chance because everyone has such good things to say but like I said my experience is not an isolated incident.

The first time we ever went in to Saltwater fantaseas, he was not busy unless being busy means "holding court" and shooting the breeze with 3 people counts as being busy. We were not even acknowleged which was a stupid mistake as we had not bought an aquarium yet and were ready to spend lots of money on a new setup.

Very dumb business move..DOH!

I have only been there once and bought a 75gal acrylic tank to use as a sump. Service was fine for me. However my brother goes there allot and I have heard him complain about the same thing.

As far as Upscales being mentioned. When I went there in the old days I had some problems with getting help when Travis wasn’t there but when’s he's there I don’t have any problems getting help. I pretty much only go there now when he's there. Great guy, great store. I probably buy at least 50% of my reefing stuff there.

As far as Upscales being mentioned. When I went there in the old days I had some problems with getting help when Travis wasn’t there but when’s he's there I don’t have any problems getting help. I pretty much only go there now when he's there. Great guy' date=' great store. I probably buy at least 50% of my reefing stuff there.[/quote']

Yep, it was Travis who helped the hubby last week. Great service. It was our first 8 months of reefing that it was a struggle.

Will definitely be going back next payday!

Wow, glad its not just me. Yes Patrick is a super nice guy, so is his family(who buy the way always seem to go out of their way to help. But more times then not, I find myself standing around while hes talking on the phone or sitting there chatting it up with a "big spender" as he put it once or twice. Sadly I have spent a few thousand dollars in there which included my tank and almost every part of it, got lots of attention that day. But I find it annoying to have to stand around for 45 minutes waiting to by a goby or a few snails. After my last fiasco I chose to take my business elsewhere.

Re: Tired of being Ignored!!!

Agreed....I had a similar experience when I bought my tank from SWF.....got plenty of attention when dropping $800....same day was the day I had the experience which proved to be my reason for NEVER wasting my time at Seahorse again

Agreed....I had a similar experience when I bought my tank from SWF.....got plenty of attention when dropping $800....same day was the day I had the experience which proved to be my reason for NEVER wasting my time at Seahorse again

why wont you go to seahorse??

I have never had problems at Seahorse unless it was very busy. Woody cannot do a lot of things for himself and so he has to rely on help but whenever I had questions he would take as much time as we needed to answer our questions.

It's fun being able to net and bag your own fish too when he's the only one in the shop.

He also talked Beth through wiring up the lights on the reef tank.

Hopefully the stores will not see this thread as a flamefest and actually take this for what it is constructive criticism.

I know in my own line of work I appreciate hearing negative experiences as well.

Its funny how reading through this some praise stores that I have had a 180 degree experience-so I guess it is worth giving someone a second chance but after that take your money elsewhere.

As some may tell (at times) I may be outspoken and not to bashful, so I don’t shy away from saying, HEY can I get a little help here.

But being in a service business shame on them for not acknowledging your presence

What the heck, have they not ever been to Blockbuster, everyone gets greeted, whether its insincere or not.

If everybody is selling the same Widget, its the customer service that will keep them coming back, or push them to another store

I'm always first inline-online-(laugh)

This is an incredibly negative thread. It's nice that we are able to openly share our opinions regarding vendor feedback on here however I prefer to see positive feedback. I think there really is something to the old saying that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. A vendor should know when a customer is dissatisfied but it doesn't have to be in the fashion of a public bashing.