Tired of being Ignored!!!

tanktop74

CA?2OR you jumped in and bashed both saltwater fantaseas and upscales before posting your thread about bashing seahorse. All I am saying if you have Sponsor under your name you should NOT be speaking about other shops in a negative way period, and hiding under the "I was not a sponsor then is crap."

You ether are or are not a sponsor on the board if you are then act like one.

You don't see any other sponsors flaming other sponsors.

You also don't see shop owners posting that nose picking customers come in and get fifty free water tests from them beg for advice on how to solve there problems and then brag about how they are going to go buy what they need on line.

Agreed....I had a similar experience when I bought my tank from SWF.....got plenty of attention when dropping $800....same day was the day I had the experience which proved to be my reason for NEVER wasting my time at Seahorse again

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Eric I just read through the link you provided and I think you should clarify WHO you agree with? (scratch)

Tired of being Ignored!!!

On the first page of this thread he said he got attention from SWF when spending 800 but got ignored after wards he also threw a dig at Upscales on page one

The thread he posted was about how he also does not like seahorse

On the first page of this thread he said he got attention from SWF when spending 800 but got ignored after wards he also threw a dig at Upscales on page one

The thread he posted was about how he also does not like seahorse

Ya I just went back and re-read it is more clear to me now who he was agreeing with, but I still think he said a lot of good things about Patrick in his link even if it was not his intention.

Re: Tired of being Ignored!!!

Overall I have had good experiences at SWF....but there have been more than on occassion where I waited upwards of half an hour for help and for me that simply does not justify the drive. I still visit Upscales on occassion and IF I get my water tested and require something to fix it I DO buy it from whomever ID'd the issue.

But I only really "frequent" Westside as they are closest to me, Tim is awesome, and the service there is spot on. I interact with Jody and Garrett as much as often as well. Sponsor or not I am a customer when I walk through a stores doors. Upscales IME has picked up their game and I have not had an experience like the one described since. Still haven't been able to catch Jordan in there yet....

Questions shouldn't be asked if you don't wanna hear the answer.....oh....and "slick" is my word of the day....yesterday was "sport"....its a game a few buddies of mine are playing to utilize past popular words.....myself and one other are the only ones to not be stumped....all the way through the "S's".....just thought I would explain that as it was not meant to be an insult.

Questions shouldn't be asked if you don't wanna hear the answer.....oh....and "slick" is my word of the day....yesterday was "sport"....its a game a few buddies of mine are playing to utilize past popular words.....myself and one other are the only ones to not be stumped....all the way through the "S's".....just thought I would explain that as it was not meant to be an insult.

Questions shouldn't be asked if you don't wanna hear the answer

??? I don"t even know what you are referring to???(nutty)

oh....and "slick" is my word of the day....yesterday was "sport"....its a game a few buddies of mine are playing to utilize past popular words.....myself and one other are the only ones to not be stumped....all the way through the "S's".....just thought I would explain that as it was not meant to be an insult.

Whatever

This is an incredibly negative thread. It's nice that we are able to openly share our opinions regarding vendor feedback on here however I prefer to see positive feedback. I think there really is something to the old saying that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. A vendor should know when a customer is dissatisfied but it doesn't have to be in the fashion of a public bashing.

It wasn't meant to be negative, was meant to be informative. I don't think saltwater fantasies know they are loosing buisness dut to ignoring their customers.

I am of the era of "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" which is why I usually don't say anything on here.

Beth

Re: Tired of being Ignored!!!

My bad....forgot can't be honest....let me try again

Not a single sponsor here would ever ignore you, give bad information, or make you feel as if you were ignored, they would NOT boost their price just to make more of a profit when they already had a price listed then found another store selling at a higher rate so they bump theirs. They would never pressure sale you, insult you, degrade you, belittle you, or make you feel as such. None of this have I ever experienced or witnessed first hand.

If you as a customer ever feel otherwise apparently it is NOT the fault of whatever store you were in but your own fault.

Oh....and there is NOT an ammendment in the U.S. Constitution that says freedom of speech....but there is one that says that you can NEVER have a bad experience and share it.

So to sum it up....do not protect a fellow hobbiest should the post seeking guidence....no matter what say that the sponsor they are asking about is awesome, if you have a bad experience....simply lie and post a good one....or don't post. No sponsor should ever be held accountable for their actions.

Come on seriously? We are complaining about negative feedback? Should specify in the feedback section that only positive is allowed....meanwhile we blatently spit in the face of sponsors by organizing group buys from non sponsors without even asking our locals if they are interested or can provide the desired corals or whatever.

SWF

Here is what i am going to say about this store: i have bought tons of fish form pat and traded tons of fish to him making him alot of profit, anyways i called him asked if he had a picasso trigger in stock and saod the would be in on the next shipment in 2 days and would call me, i got no call and when i called him he said it was in stock and i told him to hold it for me. i drive down there and he said that the shipment didnt arrive today and would be in the next day etc.

On a different occasion i tryed to have him get me a picasso trigger again and he said i have one in stock and again i asked him to hold it for me and he said ok, i drive down there again and he says "i sold it to that guy who was infront of you in line just now" this guy is the dude who where a hat and has a beard/gotee and helps out there i he walk out with a tiny ricorda frag. i feel he says things are in stock to get customers in there to buy other items since there already in the store. i was pissed and it b.s and im done buying there.

Wow, way to go way off subject people. Why not take your bickering elsewhere and stay on topic, which was tired of waiting around at SWF. This is why all these types of threads are just silly anymore. One person says something and 10 people jump on him and accuse him of crap, that person defends himself, bla bla bla. Take it elsewhere.

As far as feedback goes, if you dont have negative, you might as well get rid of the positive as well. I for one want to hear if some place or someone is not up to par. Turns out in this case I am far from the only one that felt that way. Maybe the owner will see this and take it into consideration therefore making it a better place to shop. But I guarntee that if all anyone sees is 2 or 3 people bickering like school children then nothing will come with of it.

Jeesh.

This is an incredibly negative thread. It's nice that we are able to openly share our opinions regarding vendor feedback on here however I prefer to see positive feedback. I think there really is something to the old saying that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. A vendor should know when a customer is dissatisfied but it doesn't have to be in the fashion of a public bashing.

I think it's fair to post negative feedback. But, as is clearly evidenced here, it's going to be a touchy subject. Every sponsor here is somebody's favorite store, and somebody's least favorite. So when a negative post is made, people feel compelled to agree or defend.

I've never been in retail, so I can only imagine the difficulties of running a store. And a lot of the customer experience is subjective and based on your own behavior. I tend to be shy at times, and there was one popular store that I had gone to a few times and always just felt like I was in the way. So I didn't go back for a while. After a bit, I decided to go back - and the same experience. But then I decided to speak up and ask for something - and they were increadible nice and helpful. It's just the vibe of that place, they sit back and let you look around without "pressure", but when you want help, they're very nice. So, in that case, it was more about me than that store.

But in some cases, in any industry, there are better and worse places at customer service. This is an industry where people open a store because they truly love the subject, but they may or may not be skilled in the customer service aspects.

I think it's fair to post negative feedback, and just as valid as the positive in helping to steer people toward or away from vendors. But as a community, we can tend to pile on the negative - and get lost in tangents pulling other sponsors into the post that weren't the original subject.

I think the important thing to remember is that two people can go to the same store and have completely different experiences for a variety of reasons.

I have to agree with Isaac, though, that this particular thread has devolved quite a bit.

So, I guess that's my (long winded) two cents.

Wow, way to go way off subject people. Why not take your bickering elsewhere and stay on topic, which was tired of waiting around at SWF. This is why all these types of threads are just silly anymore. One person says something and 10 people jump on him and accuse him of crap, that person defends himself, bla bla bla. Take it elsewhere.

As far as feedback goes, if you dont have negative, you might as well get rid of the positive as well. I for one want to hear if some place or someone is not up to par. Turns out in this case I am far from the only one that felt that way. Maybe the owner will see this and take it into consideration therefore making it a better place to shop. But I guarntee that if all anyone sees is 2 or 3 people bickering like school children then nothing will come with of it.

Jeesh.

read my post again please! i live an hour + from portland and get lied to about things that are in stock but really never were to begin with. (nono)

Its funny how reading through this some praise stores that I have had a 180 degree experience-so I guess it is worth giving someone a second chance but after that take your money elsewhere.

As some may tell (at times) I may be outspoken and not to bashful, so I don’t shy away from saying, HEY can I get a little help here.

But being in a service business shame on them for not acknowledging your presence

What the heck, have they not ever been to Blockbuster, everyone gets greeted, whether its insincere or not.

If everybody is selling the same Widget, its the customer service that will keep them coming back, or push them to another store

I'm always first inline-online-(laugh)

As you know Brad I'm not a shy person. I will ask for help and repeatedly did ask on several times and had to be forceful and repeat myself to get help and advice. I am one who voices my opinion and speaks up.

I agree this thread has taken a bad turn and has gotten off topic quite a bit. That's the nature of negative feedback. I don't agree with the not saying anything nice (that's fine with people but businesses should be accountable). I agree you have to be careful. Beth tends to be the nicer quieter one (which is why I don't understand why we get confused?) and I know she thought long and hard about posting because this is someone's livelihood. That being said, how's a person going to know they are losing customer and why they might be losing them?

I am fairly certain, actually I know someone mentioned this emoticon earlier to me, well its fitting now-

other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

so....nekid.gif

Did I mention the Cowboys Suck

Segway........Blue_nods.gif

And Brad I agree that the dead horse has been thoroughly flogged. Don't agree with Cowboys comments you what's that word you use rotten bastage?(laugh)

Oh yeah Mandinga.... one more Cowboy comment....(wife)

And okay...(backtotopic)

What was the topic?(scratch)

Foot in mouth

It would seem that CA2OR has inserted his foot in his mouth again and needs help removing it. CA2OR will reach 10000 posts pretty soon, but a lot of them are garbage and make some members want to smash him. Sponsor or member choose your words in your posts with a little wisdom to avoid getting on other members nerves. Not everyone likes you and the list (I'm sure) is getting longer.

• Like 1