240 Cube Build Help

moovinfast

Got the two sumps hooked together and I think the closed loop is finished. Going to do a wet run tomorrow to see if I have to redo any of it. Then on to the return plumbing. What a pain in the butt. Who would have thought there would be so much plumbing on one tank. Also my reef controller came today. Haven't really played with it yet, but it looks pretty.

It holds water....... Got it all hooked up and everything is running fine. Just have a drip here and there from a few spots. I'll try to deal with that tomorrow. Anyone have an easy way to fill it up with water other than my tap? Don't really want to wait a week for my RODI to fill it up.

It holds water....... Got it all hooked up and everything is running fine. Just have a drip here and there from a few spots. I'll try to deal with that tomorrow. Anyone have an easy way to fill it up with water other than my tap? Don't really want to wait a week for my RODI to fill it up.

Lots and lots of buckets......(laugh)

and then after that probably some more buckets..(whistle)

can't wait to see some pictures of it full!

For a tank that size, you might want to look into a Brute garbage can or something for water storage. Just mix it in there, then use a small pump to get it into the tank. It'll most likely save you a lot of time in the future as well...

I have 2 40 gallon containers plumbed together, and basically only need to mix up salt water every 6 months or so. Theres pictures in my tank thread if you wanna check it out..

Lifting 5 gallon buckets gets old real fast...and dropping them when your arms get tired is no fun at all...not that I know anything about that... (whistle)

Nothing is in the tank yet. I can just mix it all in the tank. Thanks for the offer ReeFit. Actually I think mine might be 75 or 100 GPD. Just seems really slow.

Had Culp686 help me redo some of the plumbing today. Here is a shot with it full of water and running both pumps. No leaks yet. Gonna check for leaks again in the morning and then drain it.

4811289093_051dbf8eee_b.jpg

Does someone make a decent inexpensive titanium heater I can use with a controller? So if you plug it in, its on. Or unplug it to turn it off? Think I need a 800w one.

Nothing is in the tank yet. I can just mix it all in the tank. Thanks for the offer ReeFit. Actually I think mine might be 75 or 100 GPD. Just seems really slow.

Had Culp686 help me redo some of the plumbing today. Here is a shot with it full of water and running both pumps. No leaks yet. Gonna check for leaks again in the morning and then drain it.

4811289093_051dbf8eee_b.jpg

Does someone make a decent inexpensive titanium heater I can use with a controller? So if you plug it in, its on. Or unplug it to turn it off? Think I need a 800w one.

No problem, just let me know if you want any water, mine is on all the time making it. If your membrane is clogged it could be causing it to go slower. My 100GPD cranks out 5 gallons in about 30-40 min. A cheap 800 watt titanium heater? i donno if that exists, lol. Turn on the halides :)

Here is an 800w without a controller...not sure what you consider "cheap"

http://www.aquacave.com/800w-titanium-heating-brelement-by-jalli-1627.html

I prefer Won Brothers myself, but they don't seem to sell an 800w without a controller. Maybe you could get 2 400W? Might be better for redundancy purposes..

Good luck, tank seems to be coming along nicely!

i have a 1000w won brothers titanium heater with controller on my 400. i think it was around $150. i also have it hooked to my ACIII in case it ever decides to get stuck in the on position. i have a second one as a spare but if i sell it to you i know the one i'm using will break.

tank is looking good and it has great dimensions.

i also wanted to add nothing really comes cheap with big tanks.

Ordered a heater and emptied the water out of the tank. Filled it with sand lastnight. Have about 1.5" to 2" throughout. Also threw in the extra dry base rock I have. I think I might actually have too much rock for the display once I add my live rock from current tanks, so I move half of the dry rock to the sump for now.

Anyone have ideas for aquascaping? My current idea is to do a U shape wall along the back and right sides and have an island in the front left corner.

Ordered a heater and emptied the water out of the tank. Filled it with sand lastnight. Have about 1.5" to 2" throughout. Also threw in the extra dry base rock I have. I think I might actually have too much rock for the display once I add my live rock from current tanks, so I move half of the dry rock to the sump for now.

Anyone have ideas for aquascaping? My current idea is to do a U shape wall along the back and right sides and have an island in the front left corner.

EVERYONE will have an opinion on how to aquascape and ultimately, you won't wind up doing exactly what they suggest anyways.

You (and maybe your family) are the one who's going to be looking at this everyday... set it up the way YOU like it.